What's new

Assassin's Creed Mirage Features a Cat With an Assassin's Creed Branded Nose

One Assassin's Creed Mirage Easter egg is a little on the nose, literally, as Ubisoft actually added an Assassin's Creed branded cat into the game.

As reported by Eurogamer, Reddit user suckashelfboi101 posted a screenshot of protagonist Basim holding a big fluffy cat with markings resembling the pointy Assassin's Creed logo on its nose.

"Is this cat's face supposed to looks like the Assassin emblem or what because it’s all I can see," they said. "Maybe something the developers put in for fun?"

According to fan account Scholars of the Creed on Twitter, the inclusion wasn't just coincidence or a bit of fun but instead a tribute to one Assassin's Creed fan's cat. A comment from one Facebook user shared an image of what was allegedly a friend's cat who shared the same markings. Whether the developers at Ubisoft saw this or not is unclear, but it's certainly a big coincidence if not.

Assassin's Creed Mirage launched October 5 as a smaller-scale entry that returns players to the series' roots through slower-paced, stealth-based gameplay, veering away from the role-playing game foundations of Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla.

🧵Over the next few days I'm going to share with you some of the things that I personally liked from the #AssassinsCreedMirage red carpet event.

Of course I'm starting with the Catassin - check the ALT text for more info. pic.twitter.com/t0Q82xAgkO

— Scholars of the Creed (@CreedScholars) October 7, 2023

Its map isn't anywhere near the size of those of its predecessors for one, and it only takes around 20 to 30 hours to complete compared to the several dozens of hours of previous games.

In our 8/10 review, IGN said: "Assassin’s Creed Mirage's back-to-basics approach is a successful first step in returning to the stealthy style that launched this series."

Image Credit: suckashelfboi101 on Reddit

Ryan Dinsdale is an IGN freelance reporter. He'll talk about The Witcher all day.

Continue reading...