What's new

Amy Hennig's Star Wars Game Taps Director of the Infamously Cancelled Star Wars 1313

The director of the scrapped Star Wars 1313 has joined the team working on Amy Hennig's upcoming Star Wars game at Skydance New Media.

As reported by SWNN, Dominic Robilliard announced on LinkedIn that he's "incredibly excited" to work with Skydance on its upcoming Star Wars and Marvel games.

"I am incredibly excited to share that I will be joining Amy Hennig, Julian Break, and the incredible team at Skydance New Media as their game director," he said in the post.

"To collaborate with such an amazing group of developers, and to play in the iconic worlds of Marvel and Star Wars (again) is a dream come true. I cannot wait to get started."

Robilliard was director of Star Wars 1313 ahead of its cancellation in 2013. The game was seemingly deep in development and followed a young Boba Fett as he ran bounty hunting missions on Coruscant.

Like a lot of Star Wars projects at the time, however, it became victim to Disney's takeover of Lucasfilm and didn't make it into the new era of Star Wars canon. Hennig went through similar frustrations herself when her first attempt at a Star Wars game was cancelled in 2017.

The new game from Skydance is therefore a fresh chance for Hennig and Robilliard to make a video game set in a galaxy far, far away, though practically nothing is known about it so far.

It's not the only Star Wars project in development, of course, as it joins a ton of others including a High Republic game and a freshly announced open-world adventure from Ubisoft. Star Wars Outlaws was revealed during the packed Xbox Games Showcase on June 11, with gameplay also on its way at the Ubisoft Forward event on June 12.

Ryan Dinsdale is an IGN freelance reporter. He'll talk about The Witcher all day.

Continue reading...