What's new

Allow everyone to use the sethome command

Esltenme

Level 1
Nov 28, 2011
Credits
Honestly, on every PVP server I have played (at least 5o or so [and except for the vanilla ones]) there is a sethome plugin that everyone can utilize, but why not here? Not being able to set a personal home is really a big pain in the ass, because sometimes you don't want to walk all the way through the nether just to find your land plot, sometimes you want to be able to teleport down from a high structure without /f home, and sometimes you want to be able to do scouting and stealth missions. Its such a simple plugin, but its so essential. The only reason I'm still playing here is because I've got a good faction going, with an enchantment table and a potions stand as well as some good mines and farms. I've been working on it here for about a week now, and I don't want to leave it all behind for a server thats just like this one but with /sethome. Please add it in! Because you have the anti-teleportawayduringPVP system, it shouldn't be a problem, right?

Admin

Level 50
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 16, 2011
Credits
To stop people teleporting back and forth between bases and raids.

Why is every other server having it a good thing? Do you want those 50 servers you've been on to be identical?

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
While you claim that it's essential, just about every player who has been on the server before you has been perfectly fine without it.

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
It's open to way too much abuse, as Echo/Aro stated. Imagine being able to use /sethome to teleport to a vantage point outside someone's base, or to come right back to somewhere that should by all rights be hard to get to? It essentially gives you THREE teleports - faction home, spawn, and personal home.

I played WoW for five years, and I only had one teleport: motherfuckin Orgrimmar.

If WoW does it, why shouldn't we huehueehueheuhuehue

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
I was thinking of creative. would essentially be the same of Creative saving spawn point in mid air, spawning and jumping again and saving spawnpoint again.. effectively a slow flight. I see people doing that with a macro of /sethome , /home and jumping :p

Esltenme

Level 1
Nov 28, 2011
Credits
It would encourage constant raids and more PVP.

I'm using 50 other servers as an example because IMO, sethome makes the gameplay extremely fun.

I played WoW for five years, and I only had one teleport: motherfuckin Orgrimmar.

If WoW does it, why shouldn't we huehueehueheuhuehue

lmao

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
ok.. I want to see you call it fun when someone uses /sethome in your base and poof in with diamond armor and sword, and maybe some splash damage potions and continuously spawnkill your faction into oblivion.

and honestly, just cause 50 servers does it doesn't mean we have to. We as an Admin team has decided not to have /sethome and /home (and consider yourself lucky that you even get a faction spawn!) as sethome can lead to terrible gameplay especially when combined with faction spawn, server spawn and your proposed home spawn.

infact.. you technically have a /sethome.. you just share it with your faction with faction spawn. :)

Wren

Level 44
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
Harv0kz asked me a question about our nether base, he asked if he went to the nether and typed /f home he'd go to our nether base. Obviously it doesn't work like that, but it's a cool idea.

Is there any way this could actually be implemented? I'm not even sure if I want it myself, nether is fun to fight in. But still, input? Is it even possibru?

iDazzah

Level 3
Dec 19, 2011
Credits
I have an idea? Probably not worth much, but i was thinking that you were able to buy a home, which was in an apartment building which was only able to be teleported in and out of from spawn, and you could buy upgrades for the room or move to penthouse suites etc... it would add another aim for all those who arent keen for Pvping or have some extra $$$ laying around...

Dakry

Level 31
Oct 10, 2010
Credits
This idea is interesting iDazzah but again it opens up trouble for constant spawning back and forth between locations. One thing that must be rememebered is that this is a primarily "pvp" server. There shouldn't be many other aims other than killing the next guy in this server.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
The only way I would approve of the apartment idea, is if it was tied to K/D and not $$$, so the best fighter on the server gets the penthouse for a week, and as long as he maintains the highest K/D ratio he keeps it?

Dakry

Level 31
Oct 10, 2010
Credits
Or what British said. It is true that the system in place at the present time more than suffices and is, itself, open to abuse and thus could even be classed as too much in my opinion. Adding another set home seems to be veering off the rails and bit and unfortunately when things get attacked off the safety of the rails they tend to run back to them causing the admins to.... oh my I see to have gone off the rails in my own post >.> I wonder how that happened. Do I get banned if I get back on them?