What's new

Aggression 1.1 Development Notes

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
Aggression v1.1 - Development Notes

This will be updated regularly by the Administration team and everything on this change log is up for debate. If you argue against something be sure to add a valid reason, why your idea is better and who supports it. Any changes that happen to these development notes will be changed in the subsections below a well as in a additional changes subsection at the very bottom so you can keep up to date a lot easier.

As a large amount of our users may know we've been applying changes throughout the course of Aggression life so far. Although this is necessary, we have added new plugins that provide you with comfort in the long run but may provide some short term discomfort. What I mean by this is immediate adding of plugins that change gameplay mechanics. Using this patch we will try and foresee any problems we may be faced with and rule them out before you would find them in game.

These changes will go LIVE after 1.8 hits, but not immediately due to several factors;

> Plugins we require will not be updated.

> CraftBukkit will be delayed due to the 'Largest patch so far'.

> Time required to make the map and features seen below.

-

-

-

General Overview

• Events will now only be hosted on a new server. [Schedule]
  • Map wiped and redesigned.
  • One jail will be used instead of several located in the Spawn.
  • Changes to the factions system.
  • Plugins added and removed.
  • Some VIP adjustments.

-

-

-

Map Design

• Map boundaries set at 10,000 by 10,000 to allow us to maintain the map but provide users with some space and privacy. The nether will also be limited, possibly on a smaller scale.
  • The 'New Spawn' design will be placed at EXACTLY '0,0' on the co-ordinates and surrounding environment around this point should be changed to fit in. This will provide a easier time for users finding spawn.
  • Four features placed in the locations show below are currently planned to be a; Canyon, Tree, Mountain and Volcano. These features will be claimed using a Warzone.
  • At each station positioned on the rails will be a graveyard. Using /spawn will take you to the closest station rather than the spawn zone it's self. This will; Encourage people not to build to far from the spawn area and promote some sort of PvP around stations / graveyards.

aggression11.png

-

-

-

Factions

• iConomy support now.
    • Creating a Faction: 500 coins.
    • Claiming Wilderness Land: 50 coins with a multiplier of 0.1;
      • 1st claim 50
      • 2nd claim 55
      • 3rd claim 60
      • 37th claim 230
    • Claim Faction Land: 40 coins with the same multiplier.
    • Changing the Name: 250 coins.
    • Changing the Description: 100 coins.
    • Unclaiming land returns 50% of the value.
    • Faction Land capped at 100.
  • Mechanic changes:
    • You no longer resurrect at your base on death.
    • No longer can claim in the Nether world.
    • No longer can home teleport from the Nether world.
    • Claims must be connected unless it's another factions territory.

-

-

-

Plugins

Removed -

• Stargate Removed
  • Falsebook Removed

Added -

• Living Forest Added
  • Minecart Mania Added
  • Starterkit
    • Iron Pickaxe, shovel, armour pieces and sword on first time log in.

Changed -

• CombatTag
    • Combat time changed from 20 to 10seconds
  • MobBounty
    • Various changes to the amount of coins that a mob will drop. The plan is to ensure that the Nether is the best place to farm coins but remove the ability to claim and teleport from there.

-

-

-

Rules

Added -

• Both natural and artificial mobspawner farming is disallowed on Aggression. This is in both forms of automated and manual.
  • Providing users with false commands and information which can effect there game play isn't acceptable.

-

-

-

VIP

All VIP ranks will remain when the server restarts. To honor all the people that have helped us develop Aggression with their funding we will place all the names of the people that have purchased any Tier rank into a hat and they will take part in a prize draw to win additional items on Aggression1.1 release. If you are not already a VIP member then you can buy now here and you will still be placed into the prize draw!

Several changes to the ranks have been made due to the departure of the Stargate system. As well as the addition of the 'Essentials' pack that can be brought for around $5 various times by a member, also supporting those that do not have a fortune to donate. We thank all those again that have funded our server and we hope you are happy with the majority of the changes.

VIP Tier 1 -

- New in game rank; [Noble]!

- Shiny forum rank; [Donor]!

- 1000 coins in game!

- Ability to place any block on your head!

- Ability to use glass on your head for unlimited water-breathing!

- Ability to use coloured signs!

- Fast pass to skip the server queues!

- Plus 5% coins from monster kills!

- Access to /afk!

- Removal of donator messages!

VIP Tier 2 -

- All Tier 1 benefits

- New In Game Rank; [Hero]!

- An extra 1000 coins in game totaling 2000 coins!

- Acess to the heal signs located in public places!

- View item recipes in game!

- Place double chests next to each other!

- Plus 10% coins from monster kills!

VIP Tier 3 -

- All Tier 2 benefits

- New in game rank; [Legend]!

- An extra 1000 coins in game totaling 3000 coins!

- Ability to Warp directly to the Spawn!

- In game name change! *

- Ability to create and use the Dwarf Furnaces!

- Ability to put blocks on any armour slot!

- The ability to create Showcases to display your best items to your friends!

- Full set of Chainmail to showcase!

- The ability to turn soil into grass, instantly!

- Plus 15% coins from monster kills!

Essentials Pack -

- 1000 coins added to your balance!

- Set of Chainmail

- 5 Sponge

- One of every Diamond Tool and Armour piece!

-

-

-

Changes to Notes

13th August -

Removed cost of /f home

Removed cost of /f sethome

26th August -

Removed Siege concept

Removed Siege section

Removed Siege from Faction section

Removed Player section

Dannie, Echo + Noodle | Aggression Administration

Aggravate, Ew + Erskew | Aggression Moderation

cactusmax

Level 10
Aug 12, 2011
Credits
this will make our server very interesting and in plain words AWESOME. i like most of these changes and due to my brother kicking me off i will post more tomarrow.

jeffrocks26

Level 27
Aug 1, 2011
Credits
One problem.... Why are we getting rid of false book? Those of us that arnt able to use pistons could be fairly dissapointed about that ( Like Me ). If you are getting rid of Falsebook would we get something else that could make gates, bridges, and doors? If not then i think all ranks should be able to use pistons.

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
If you are getting rid of Falsebook would we get something else that could make gates, bridges, and doors?

With falsebook, experienced players recieve an advantage in base defence that is much greater than any other plugin provides, or using normal Minecraft things. For this reason, falsebook needs to be removed.

jeffrocks26

Level 27
Aug 1, 2011
Credits
Well for Privates like me want don't have any base defences. Remember you came to my base and saw my traps? We cant make anything like that without falsebook. We cant use pistons either. If we can use pistons at Private then that would be greatly appreciated. But if not there will not be any other traps/defences that us Privates can make.

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
After the actual change of the map, I'm most excited about the Faction and Nether changes. These will be huge changes in how people PvP. Also, Siege will stop the only thing you do in raiding being waiting outside the faction's base. :p

jeffrocks26

Level 27
Aug 1, 2011
Credits
I agree that these changes are great but without pistons for privates or falsebook for traps, what are some recomendations for some traps? All of my traps I had planned used pistons or falsebook. Also, how do you become a Corporal?

Sea

Level 35
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
Added -

• Both natural and artificial mobspawner farming is disallowed on Aggression. This is in both forms of automated and manual.
  • Providing users with false commands and information which can effect there game play isn't acceptable.

This meaning darkrooms? D:

cactusmax

Level 10
Aug 12, 2011
Credits
i like the map idea and how you dont get to just go back to the spawn, this will provide more spread out pvp and overall game play but i do have a problem with the starter kit being all iron:i think it should be stone with leather armor but thats just my opinion also i did not know you werent suposed to farm mobs D:

cactusmax

Level 10
Aug 12, 2011
Credits
oh and another suggestion lol it would probably be a good idea if you made a rule that made it to where you had to keep your factions wooden door not trapped to allow fair sieges because that gives more advantage to good players as falsebook had