What's new

Velocityshot51's new Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakry

Level 31
Oct 10, 2010
Credits
Ok well i'm unsure how far this has gone into discussion but I would certainly wish to have this matter discussed with me first. I understand that Velocity is incredibly good at his job in finding people hacking and similar however Velocity still needs to work on both his Diplomacy skills and his ability to remove himself and his want to throw a response back from a situation.

We all go crazy at times and want to simply let loose. Admins feel this especially as we don't get to play. When we do we do it in a big way. However that rare occasion is made to ensure that no-one is affected and those who are know and are happy to be involved. You need to be certain that when your need to go nuts comes out, you're able to ensure that it affects no-one but yourself and no-one profits.

Similarly if someone says something against you, your reaction is to instantly throw a person in jail or ban them. You must be prepared to give a warning, to be calm, collected but firm. The ability to see when your own comments are beginning to incite people is also a necessary because as I have seen with you Velo, you can incite people into reacting, then jail them when they do. You would also need to be removed from your clan and faction under the understanding of a complete removal of bias. In the same way you need to trust every mediator, moderator and admin and their decision regardless of whether the person in trouble is friend or foe. The ability to hold your hands up and say "I will get too involved, I need to step out and let someone else take over" and trust in their decisions regardless of whether you agree or not.

I, unfortunately, don't believe you quite possess this yet and from what I have witnessed would not make a moderator.

Regards,

Dakry.

Velocityshot

Level 30
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
Ok well i'm unsure how far this has gone into discussion but I would certainly wish to have this matter discussed with me first. I understand that Velocity is incredibly good at his job in finding people hacking and similar however Velocity still needs to work on both his Diplomacy skills and his ability to remove himself and his want to throw a response back from a situation.

We all go crazy at times and want to simply let loose. Admins feel this especially as we don't get to play. When we do we do it in a big way. However that rare occasion is made to ensure that no-one is affected and those who are know and are happy to be involved. You need to be certain that when your need to go nuts comes out, you're able to ensure that it affects no-one but yourself and no-one profits.

Similarly if someone says something against you, your reaction is to instantly throw a person in jail or ban them. You must be prepared to give a warning, to be calm, collected but firm. The ability to see when your own comments are beginning to incite people is also a necessary because as I have seen with you Velo, you can incite people into reacting, then jail them when they do. You would also need to be removed from your clan and faction under the understanding of a complete removal of bias. In the same way you need to trust every mediator, moderator and admin and their decision regardless of whether the person in trouble is friend or foe. The ability to hold your hands up and say "I will get too involved, I need to step out and let someone else take over" and trust in their decisions regardless of whether you agree or not.

I, unfortunately, don't believe you quite possess this yet and from what I have witnessed would not make a moderator.

Regards,

Dakry.

I have never thrown someone in jail, or banned someone due to trolling. It is allowed here, and I don't mind it. So I've never done that before. And you'e only been here a few days, you haven't seen me enough to get a good opinion on me. The only person I've been harsh to was ssghost31, and if you read his report, you'd understand why. And for you to say that I ban people for being mean to me is so far out of response. I once again bring ssghost up, I'd love for you to look at my screenshots of what he said to me, and how I politely asked an admin on how he should be disposed of. And I like to give my 2 cents on situations. If I even got this promotion, I'd like admins to know that I have a realistic response to most situations, and if you played here a little longer, you'd know that I do nothing on this server. I do NOTHING on this server, all day long. I sit here, moderate chat, jump around the fountain, and watch for people shooting from spawn / just joined hackers. I once again say, I've never thrown someone in jail for responding rudely to me. Not once. I didn't throw ssghost, which was terrible person to me, and nor have I to anyone else. I more than understand the removal of my faction. I've joined RMM ingame, and plan to join their faction when 1.8 hits.

Sorry if you feel like I am doing something to argue with you here, but I am only trying to tell you what I think on this, I feel as though you haven't gotten to know me apart from the weekend when Ssghost comes back. I am in no way trying to argue with you / troll / flame or anything like that. So yep, theres my take on what you've said.

P.S.: Great job on being an admin:D

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
Velocity, what kind of responsibilities would you expect to have if you were given Mod/Admin? Please provide expectations for both. I think a lot of people do not understand the difference between an Admin and a Mod.

Velocityshot

Level 30
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
I don't believe I need Adminship. I think the largest difference between the two, is admins being able to access plugins and other core server things. I know nothing about plugins (I know how to use them, but I wouldn't be messing around with them), permissions, or anything abut hosting and setting up Minecraft servers.

After reading that over, its kind of hard to understand. What I'm trying to say, is that Moderator would be more suitable for me. For it holds all the things I would need. I could help people on the server, use plugins to catch hackers, and punish people according to evidence I would be able to find. There is no need for me to be an Admin, as much a I'd love the fancy purple title, I wouldn't touch the things I'd be given access to.

For responsibilities, I think I'll just list responsibilities, for I already explained why I don't think I need Adminship.

If I were a Moderator, I'd have to show extreme maturity and fairness. Both of which I am capable of doing. I know I fool around on the server because I'm a fun guy! But I realize that if I were promoted I'd have to take a serious approach at everything. I know this, and am ready to do this. As a moderator, I know that I'd be responsible for helping new members, and members that are in need of my assistance. I am a friendly person, so many people wouldn't have trouble asking me for help constantly. I also realize that as a moderator it is my job to moderate chat, check logs regularly, and do my best to punish those in need of punishments. I can assure you that I am ready to handle those responsibilities. I am ready to hold my weight on Aggression. I am ready to be a mature serious player. I am ready to try my best at everything the server and its member throw at me. I'm ready to be a moderator.

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
You have to take into account that when you start moderating, YOU CAN NO LONGER PLAY.

I realise this doesn't sound like much, but believe me it can hit harder than you expect.

No more PVP, at all.

No more base building.

Your entire function on the server is as a staff member once you become a mod. Are you really ready for that?

Velocityshot

Level 30
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
I am. Like I said, I used to spend my time jumping around fountains. I don't really do anything on Aggression as far as playing. I don't PvP, and I don't build bases. I am more than ready.

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
Congratulations Velocity. You, along with Searex are now Moderators. You will be on probation until the 22/10/2011, I expect you to conduct yourself with utmost manner.

Velocityshot

Level 30
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
Its a known fact, that when someonebody wants you, you tend to want them back. Even if you never had feelings before.

So when Tom made that joke, and I opened up my feelins towards him, he naturally fell in love with me.

/GetSmart

Status
Not open for further replies.