What's new

Velocityshot51's new Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velocityshot

Level 30
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
This is just a repost of my last one, but I have now been through the mediator cycle, so I thought I'd post again like Ew did.

Position Wanted [Admin/Moderator]: Hm, I would rather have an admin position, but it is a lot to ask for, so I would be fine with moderator as well.

Minecraft Name: velocityshot51

Timezone: Eastern Standard

Relevant Experience: I have been apart of many servers including this one. I've also been an admin on a good amount. I do not have proof, making my story somewhat unbelievable, but I can be a great admin when the position is granted to me. Now I don't like having an exact outline, so I'm just going to write what I think below. I've been a secret moderator on the joe.to forums. I've also been moderator on many other websites. I would list them, but many of them have closed, and I have forgotten about the others. Only few of them were worth noting, most the size of this forum. Although being a moderator on forums is not my specialty, admin-ing on servers is. I've been admin on servers such as AssassinCraft, one other large faction server. I also got trial admin on the joe.to, but sadly didn't get it. for I remained inactive on my trial week. So I do have experience being an admin. I know the responsibility and commitment it takes, and I can hold my weight here. I am responsible, and realistic.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, as you know, I've been apart of this server for a very long time. My name has become fairly known in the server, not necessarily liked, but I'm no rager, or immature fool. I care about the server a lot and have never done any exploits, hacks, etc. I respect all the admins, mostly because of how they manage the server. I have watched how you go at things, what to do and what not to do. I know how it feels to be god-modded, x-rayed, killed. Through all of this, I care about it less. If you were to even out this to mind, I'd be grateful, but if not, I could understand why. I have had fits, I have disrespected admins at times, and for that I am sorry. I only try to make the server more fun and fair.

If you were to let me become an admin, I could play fairly, and catch all those hackers I always see. I know the rules, and I abide by them. Apart from all this, I have experience. Three or four servers have had me as an admin or moderator. All this experience only makes me more confident at what I could do for Aggression. So please consider me, I play a lot and know the rules. I've grown with this server, ever since it was a small little community. Aggression has been through many changes, and is now larger than ever. I am completely aware of the responsibility you'd be giving to me, and I am completely suited for it. As a player I have a strong sense of righteousness, and ass an admin I have a strong sense of patience.

Another thing I would like to note my position on the server. I am not hated, therefore I doubt if I were to get a promotion, there would be a group of people whining. I am respected on the server, and I help people whenever I can. Giving me a promotion would not be like giving, say Jordtz a promotion. Most people would respect it. And the up-side about this, is that you would not have to control the community. Making things a lot easier.

Also, I know what is fair and what isn't. I've been playing Minecraft since Alpha, and I know how servers run. I am aware of the rules, and I know how to deal with flamers and trolls both fairly and effectively. I love this server, and I've been with it for months. I have matured alongside the staff, and have watched them carefully. For this is my chance. I feel I have shown the staff enough evidence to show them I am suited for this job. I did not jump into this, and I waited for the right time. The staff's decision will hopefully be a hard one to make.

With the changes that this server is going through, I am very understanding. If my application is not accepted, I can totally understand why. I just hope you realize the time and effort and I have, and will, and can put into this server. If I were granted adminship, Aggression could be a much nicer, and better place. That being said, I am once again aware that I will have to leave my faction. I am willing to do this. If this application is even considered, I will be very grateful. And if it is denied, I will only work harder to achieve the position. For I do not give up, and I am persistent and determined.

I have been through the mediator cycle. I never abused my powers, and I caught hackers, cheaters, spammers. I am on 24/7, so me being a moderator would provide help for everyone all the time. I have studied the punishments, and how you go about things, for I have been planning for this. Another thing I do realize, is that we have moderators. Now I know you have enough staff, but Ew and Aggravate aren't on all the time. But if Erskew and I were, all punishments could have 2 opinions, and once again, there could always be someone to help. And if you guys aren't accepting more people, I understand this, but I hope you can put this back into consideration when you do decide to promote people

I have been with you guys for a long time. I hope that you guys trust me enough, for I always do whats best for the server. All I said in the original post still applies to me. Over my mediator week, I was much more mature, and intellectual. I don't think I did anything wrong, and I think I did a good overall job. So I just wanted to repost this, with some updates, for I have now been through the mediator cycle. I hope you can trust me enough to let me be a moderator, and I can assure you I will not let you down if I'm chosen.

Good day to you admins, and I hope for the best. Not only for me, but for the server.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
I would say any server would be a nicer and better place if you take out the few stupid as hell derps that poison them. (Not implying anyone in this thread, BTW :p)

Also my niceness control is already at 11, what the heck am I supposed to do?

Velocityshot

Level 30
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
And what are you implying about our current administration team? :rolleyes:

Lol XD Oh Noodle. I meant that with mods on 24/7, we could have a nicer, better place, because are players could always have help, not be -AS- whiney, and we could easily disposed of fag dicks.

Velocityshot

Level 30
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
Another thing I'd like to say, is usually between 5 to 10 Eastern Standard time, there are NEVER any moderators on. Go ahead, go online. There are probably never any mods on, yet I'm always on at this time. . .

Sea

Level 35
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
I second this motion there are no moderators that are on from 9EST+ or 6CST+ that aren't AFK for 90% of the time and velo seems like he would be able to fit into this time frame.

Or at LEAST give us ban/kick powers all we can do is jail and mute we can't even logbook anything.

What if a griefing team gets on and they start making a huge wall around spawn then what can we do?

We certainly can't see their nametags because they will be sneak and we can't check the logbook for who placed the blocks. Honestly this time frame should be moderated better so we do need US mods :)D)

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Another thing I'd like to say, is usually between 5 to 10 Eastern Standard time, there are NEVER any moderators on. Go ahead, go online. There are probably never any mods on, yet I'm always on at this time. . .

... That you can see (I do count as BoN Staff) :p

I have a old computer set up as a home server, and one of its dedicated jobs is to monitor Aggression's chat just about 24/7 with certain keywords making it beep and alert me. It works well when I am awake and nearby and not actively ignoring it :D. Not so well when someone decides to be a total jackass at about 4am while I am sleeping (I do warn that such occurrences may lead to sudden M1 Logging into Aggression just to ban whoever is being a twit. )

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
I don't think Moderators can check the logs, so that isn't a valid reason.

I second this motion there are no moderators that are on from 9EST+ or 6CST+ that aren't AFK for 90% of the time and velo seems like he would be able to fit into this time frame.

This is obviously directed at me, and I will say that when I'm 'AFK', I'm usually checking in every few minutes, just not at the computer the entire time.

I will admit though, Velocity is one of the Mediators I'd recommend for Moderator. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.