What's new

The Oculus Quest 2 Is the Best VR Headset for Beat Saber and It's on Sale Today

The Oculus Quest 2 is easily the best VR headset I'd recommend for Beat Saber. It's much less expensive that its closest competition, it has excellent tracking, it can be played wirelessly or connected to a PC via Oculus Link, and it has one of the highest resolutions of all current VR headsets. Currently Newegg is offering several great bundles at discounted prices.

On a personal note, I own the Oculus Quest 2 specifically for Beat Saber. I purchased the original Rift CV1 headset back in 2016 and since then I've clocked 400 hours in Beat Saber. As a player who values tracking fidelity and controller ergonomics above all else, I was a firm believer that nothing could match the 3-sensor setup of the Rift. I skipped over the Rift S and original Quest for that reason. The Vive, Index, and Reverb G2 were simply too expensive for me, since I only really play Beat Saber and little else (the exception being Half-Life Alyx, which is an exceptional game). When the Quest 2 came out, I was still quite happy with my Rift, but the price point had me very intrigued. I purchased it fully expecting to return it, but boy was I wrong.

In my opinion, the Quest 2 has superior tracking over my Rift 3-sensor setup. Whereas on the Rift I could score at least an "S" on every song in Expert+ on Beat Saber's official setlist (including all the DLCs), on the Quest 2 I've been able to score an "SS" and/or full-combo most of them. If you've played Beat Saber for a while, you're probably aware that the offical setlist is very limited and you'll want to download the thousands of modded songs available on the internet. I purchased the Oculus Link cable so that I could play all of my modded songs that I've accrued over the years (I have almost 1,000 downloaded songs). As of now, it works perfectly at the full Quest 2 native resolution, 90Hz refresh rate, and no perceptible lag. It also allows me to play my Rift copy of Beat Saber without having to buy a separate copy for the Quest 2. Nowadays I exclusively play in PCVR mode.

The Quest 2 and the controllers are definitely heavier than the original Rift and Touch controllers, but I was able to get over that after a couple of days. I also upgraded to the Elite Strap, Oculus Link cable, and a silicone face cover, and I had to factor those additional purchases in. All in total, the MSRP probably ran closer to $450. Let's be real, that is ALOT to spend for essentially one game, but in my defense it was and still is my preferred form of exercise. I'm a pretty lazy guy when it comes to exercise, and I've tried to break that habit by getting at-home equipment like a pair of adjustable dumbbells, a power tower, and a fancy rower, but Beat Saber is really the only form of exercise that I return to again and again. So if you're like me and you're looking to get a VR headset specifically for Beat Saber, in my opinion there is no other headset to consider.

New Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset with More Storage, Same Price, and Bonus Newegg Gift Card​

The Oculus Quest 2 has so far been the best value when it comes to VR gaming. It's hundreds of dollars cheaper than its competitors, it has phenomenal tracking, it doesn't need to be tethered to a PC, and it boasts a huge library of games (even Half Life: Alyx is easily playable on the Quest 2). Now, Oculus has re-released its Oculus Quest 2 VR headset with double the storage (128GB vs 64GB) for the exact same price. There's even less of a reason now to pick something else.

Buy Quest 2 Accessories, Get a Newegg Gift Card​

The Oculus Quest 2 is a bargain at $299, and thanks to the low price, you can pick up some very convenient accessories without having to feel like you just stepped out of your budget. Newegg is offering a bonus gift card when you purchase any of the accessories below. That includes the Elite Strap, the Elite Strap with Battery Pack, the Link Cable, and more.

Continue reading...