What's new

The Dark Pictures: The Devil In Me Arrives This November

Bandai Namco has confirmed to IGN at Gamescom that The Dark Pictures: The Devil In Me will be released on November 18.

Coming to PlayStation 4 and 5, Xbox One and Series, and PC, The Devil In Me acts as the Dark Pictures Anthology's season one finale, concluding the collection of stories that began with 2019's Man of Medan.

The unfortunate cast of characters in this episode are part of an entertainment TV series that's struggling to get views. When a mysterious stranger invites them to a faithful recreation of the H. H. Holmes murder castle, however, they're filled with hope at the chance to revive their show. Things take a turn for the worse, of course, and the team finds themselves at the heart of a whole new series of spooky goings on.

Developer Supermassive Games most recently released The Quarry - another branching paths horror game that acts as a proper spiritual successor to 2015's Until Dawn - but has otherwise focused on the Dark Pictures Anthology in recent years.

The series also appears to be a major part of the developer's future, having filed trademarks for another six Dark Pictures games back in February.

IGN has given the series mixed reviews so far. We said Man of Medan was "good", and "offers an unnerving horror adventure" with consequences directly linked to the player's actions. Little Hope was "mediocre", with "uninspired characters and relatively meaningless consequences," but we thought House of Ashes was "great", and the studio's best since Until Dawn released in 2015.

Ryan Dinsdale is an IGN freelancer. He'll talk about The Witcher all day.

Continue reading...