What's new

The Arena - Gladiatorial Matches and Gambling

Josrence

Level 44
Jul 23, 2010
Credits
I think it'd be boss to do arena fighting with multiple combatants, each with different classes.

For simplicity sake, I'll leave out the latin names and just make "classes".

Swordsman - Iron Sword, Full Iron Armor - Standard combatant.

Ranger - Bow, Arrows, Full Leather Armor - Fighting from a distance.

Trapper - Iron Axe, Cobwebs, Chainmail - Attempts to trap enemies with a web and hack them to death.

Juggernaught - Iron Pickaxe, 3 Fire Blocks, Full Leather Armor - Annoying but easy to kill.

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
Only problem I see is, co-ordination. Imagine how hellish it'd be to spawn items for each class. Even if it's chest-based, you'd have to re-stock the chests frequently.

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
There is an arena class plugin that allows this to be done easily and custom classes set up.

However.. This may reduce the the PvP again to a easy, don't care if i lose attitude.

I'd much prefer it if you lost your own items while in this Arena, unfortunately i can't see a plugin that supports taking in your own items... Yet.

Edit; Also I think Juggernaut is a word of power, something to be scared of, not easy to kill. But otherwise nice idea ;D

smokles

Level 23
Jul 4, 2011
Credits
You know, i was just thinking about this today only in a different sense.

I was thinking it would be hilarious if we took small-offense criminals(exploits, people who rage, caps, etc.) and made them fight each other, or they get like an extended jail time and such.

This was thought up of in the middle of me waking up, so if there's anything that doesn't fit, or would present a problem, or if I'm just wrong, let me know. :p

Wren

Level 44
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
I like the gambling idea. Firstly, the classes could work like the old mobarena, Dannie knows about this. But, I think you guys are looking for something differenty, new idea!

Let's say two people hated each other? They set up an official arena match.

-An admin would need to be online to make it official

-A time would be set

-Both players can bring as much of their shit as they want, they have to use their own gear and food.

-People can come and bet diamonds to the admin, double or nothing.

-The winner gets all of the losers loot (And maybe the diamonds that people bet against them, helping underdogs to earn more?)

Scenario:

Dannie and Ollie decide to book an arena match and Aggravate is online.

Aggravate teleports them to the arena when they're ready, Jpev and smokles go to watch, smokles bets 10 diamonds on Dannie, Jpev bets 10 diamonds on Ollie, they give the diamonds to Aggravate.

Dannie slays Ollie and picks up all of his stuff.

Aggravate gives Smokles 20 diamonds back for being a bro, Jpev gets nothing.

Aggravate then gives Dannie the 10 diamonds that Jpev bet.

-Players get to gamble and watch PvP

-People are rewarded with mega diamond from the people who doubted them.

-PvP action for all