M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
some tweaks to the Cannon Wars events rules, to make it even more tactical:

Cannon Wars:

-Two teams are given a supply of tools (cobble to iron) and a limited amount of Cobble, Smooth-stone, Water buckets, Red-stone, Pistons(Optional) to build their cannons and protective buildings. Cannons will be approximately 60-80 blocks apart.

-Teams are given a double chest approximately 10-15 blocks behind their cannon, this is where the staff supplies the TNT, and this must be protected as well! If the chest is destroyed, you can no longer be supplied with TNT.

-Teams are given 10-15 minutes to build the cannon(s, If they have time to create more than one), and a protective wall/building around the cannon and themselves, to protect against enemy shots.

-Once battle starts Teams will fire at each other. Cannon's can not be repair except for redstone, defenses can be repaired with remaining supplies. Waterwalling is also an illegal move and will lead to ejection from the event.

A team wins if one of the following happens:

-They Kill the opposing cannon crew.

- They Destroy the opposing team's cannon(s)

- The opposing team derps and destroys their own cannon, or kills themselves in the resulting explosion.

- They destroy the opposing team's ammo chest and the opposing team runs out of ammo to shoot with.

Variations of Cannon Wars that can be done:

Long Range Battle: Twice the normal distance (about 120-140 blocks apart) between crews, require teams finding a way to design long range cannons, Cannons are allowed to be repaired and redesigned in this event due to the experimental nature of long range :p

Sudden Death Battle: Boxes are made which cannon crews build their cannons on, the box is filled with TNT so crews have to defend it too. a direct hit on the platform causes a massive crater where the cannon was.

Co-Op Battle: Four crews are broken into two teams, Two crews are at normal distance, two at long range (all in a line). Teams must work together to hit both opposing crews, and make sure there isn't accidental team killing.

Siege: There are two teams, Attackers and Defenders. This varies from conventional Cannon Wars as this event requires players to also be infantry with cannon crews supporting. This event allows re-spawning 30 seconds after death.

Defenders take position in a large castle, they are to protect a room with blocks of gold. Attackers have to get into the strongly defended castle and steal the gold, and get to a safe zone about 100 blocks away. Both teams are given free weapons and armor, and the material for as many cannons as they want. with Attackers blowing holes into the castles defenses. and Defenders using their cannons to destroy attackers from a distance.

Defenders must stay in the castle until the Attackers have the gold, then the Defenders must prevent the gold from reaching the safe spot.

Attackers Win if they can steal the gold and get to a safe spot.

The Defenders win if they can protect their gold from being stolen for 30 minutes to an hour, or if the Attackers accidentally blow up the gold.

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
I'll consider expanding the cannon wars area a bit.

I will admit though, I have not seen any cannons fire 60-80 blocks with 1.7.3, so I'm not sure if I should make the area that large.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
I am guessing my cannons have about that range, but I made them back in Alpha/Early Beta. Ill have to try with the newer Beta versions.

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits

Velocityshot

Level 30
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
Event Name: Fucking Skydiving - or - Skydiving

Min/Max Amount of Players: 1 -4

Summary of the Game: People start from an 8x8 hollow square, that goes from sky level to bedrock. Obstacles are placed in the square, such as hole you have to go through, blocks you have to miss. Players have to hit the water at the bottom to win. If more than one player reaches the water, the winning players will go again, excluding those who died.

Rules: No breaking blocks, no standing on blocks.

Other: Players can push people while falling down >: )

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
yea. So? It's not that hard

Sea, it's only lodgical for us not to do something that requires a group of players download a mod just to have one event. Plus, if it causes lag, it will just be unpleasant for those who aren't participating (I like to host a few events at a time, instead of just one :p). If you really want this though, I suggest you research plugins instead of mods. ;)