What's new

Suggest an Event

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
Well, simply put, this thread is for suggesting events for the events server. I'll make a list of ones I've considered, ones I've implemented, etc, below. I'll also make a simple format. I'd also like to note that the first 2 accepted were Velocity's ideas of mazes and boat races - as an example of them actually being accepted. :)

Format

Event Name:

Min/Max Amount of Players:

Summary of the Game:

Rules:

Other:

List of Events Pending or Accepted

Boat Races - Accepted

Mazes - Accepted

Cannon Wars - Accepted

Paintball - Denied

Flower Battle - Denied

Lava Survival - Pending

Thanks for reading. :D

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
We already have some form of Hide and Seek.

By the way, I'm considering lava survival at the moment, just not sure how it would work in Minecraft that is not the classic version. :p

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
How would you do lava in non-survival? Seeing as you didn't take damage..... And for SMP, it's extremely easy, make a bedrock box on a hill, pour lava down, and grief occasionally to let lava in.

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
It's possible in Classic, and I think that's where you usually see lava survival. When you touch lava, you are teleported back to the spawn box, in which is already surrounded by lava.

And for SMP, it's extremely easy, make a bedrock box on a hill, pour lava down, and grief occasionally to let lava in.

I know most of this, but an Admin/Mod griefing was one thing I did not think of. I'll keep considering it.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Cannon Wars:

-Two teams are given a supply of tools (cobble to iron) and a limited amount of Cobble, Smooth-stone, Water buckets, Red-stone, and a unlimited supply of TNT (for the battle)

-Teams are given 10-15 minutes to build the cannon(s, If they have time to create more than one), and a protective wall around the cannon and themselves, to protect against enemy shots.

-Once battle starts Teams will fire at each other, until the other team's cannon(s) are destroyed, or everyone on the opposing team is dead.

You are allowed to repair the walls during the battle with whatever is left of your supplies, the Cannon is not allowed to be repaired, except for redstone! Cheaters will be kicked from the event.

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
M1, would you be willing to come on the events server and show me what kind of cannon design you're thinking of? I've been trying multiple ones to see if any would work, but I've been unable to find one that would allow a successful Cannon Wars.

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
I understand, but I haven't been able to come up with -any- designs that would work, so I need to know if there are any that would work. Otherwise, attempting to host a Cannon Wars is pointless. :p

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
I have a few designs, but my idea is each team has to build their own cannons in a certain amount of times, also you would need the cannons facing North to South iirc so one team doesn't get an advantage from a powerboost from a bug in minecraft.

This is my favorite design. Its inefficent, but was reliable at the time it was made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIzJFCjXkzs

Its also very modular so if a team has the supplies, and or time they can make a artillery facility like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzEBFFsL-uk

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Well, seeing as we would limit water to just having enough for the cannons. Or just make water-walling an illegal move.

Even then, time TNT to explode before it hits the water= hole in water wall, and possible flood of cannon room :3