What's new

Steam’s Spring Sale Ends Soon

If you play video games on PC, you’re probably aware that the Steam Spring Sale is currently in full swing. And if you weren’t, now you are. The thing is, it ends March 23, at 10 a.m. Pacific. So if you’ve been putting off picking something up, you’re running out of time. Read on for some of our picks, or just hop over to the sale now.

Steam Gift Cards

If you want to load up on Steam gift cards before hitting the sale, you can do so here.

Steam Deck Is 10% Off

The Steam Deck is my favorite piece of gaming hardware I own. I use it every day. It’s a revolutionary device that lets me play games like Red Dead Redemption 2, the Dead Space remake, Resident Evil Village, and 99.9% of the other games I would want to play, anywhere. I don’t have to worry about hogging the TV when others in the household want to use it. I can play violent games on it when the kids are up and about (it’s the perfect device for parents of young kids). I can’t recommend it highly enough.

And to celebrate the Steam Deck’s first anniversary, it’s on sale for the first time ever. You can save 10% off all three models. If you don’t have a Steam Deck, now is the best time to remedy that situation. And if you do get one, check out our picks for the best Steam Deck accessories.

Steam Spring Sale Game Deals

I want to say that something like most Steam games are on sale right now. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is getting a sequel next month (check out our Jedi Survivor preorder guide), and is on sale for just $3.99 right now. Wild. Most of the Final Fantasy franchise is on sale.

More PC Game Spring Sales

Steam isn’t the only online storefront dropping prices on a mountain of games. Most of the other notable PC game stores are also running spring sales right now, including Humble, Green Man Gaming, GOG, and Fanatical. And if you’re wanting to buy a game and are wondering which of these stores has the lowest price, my go-to site is gg.deals. It tracks game prices across all the major retailers, as well as some of the shadier resellers.

Chris Reed is a deals expert and commerce editor for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter @_chrislreed or on Mastodon @chrislreed.

Continue reading...