What's new

Seperating the means of communication

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
Right now we have it set up so that if Noodle's server goes down, we lose the forums, the TS, the IRC, and his and Danny's ( I think) Minecraft servers. At least separate the forums or IRC or something.

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
I wasn't sure, heard him and Echo doing some stuff on TS that sounded like migrating his server to route through yours or something. Also how were you able to host all three without lagging like crazy? Or is that part of the reason for the migration?

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
Maybe once we have a larger user base we could move onto a setup where we have redundancy, or at least some backup communication. For the moment, stuff like facebook and/or steam will have to do. Plus people like Roze have both mine and Noodle's mobile number.

The Noodle

Level 48
Aug 1, 2010
Credits
As we don't have ssh access to the box our options for the x10 server are a bit limited. My thoughts are leaning more towards using it as a file server, given its infinite storage and bandwidth. Thoughts?

Oh and i'm going to try and get it renamed, to be honest its not the rmm's anymore.

Roze

Level 37
Staff member
Administrator
May 23, 2010
Credits
Sounds good. That's what I'm using it for.

Don't we have a max amount of ftp accounts though? Shotgun keeping mine.

Maybe there's a way to hook accounts on this to users on that.

Like you login on the forums, and there would be a FTP tab at the top, that allowed uploading of files into that users file.

The Noodle

Level 48
Aug 1, 2010
Credits
As the communication vps appears to be stable at this time i'm going to say noted but no. When our user base is larger I will introduce a seperate irc specifically for when things go wrong.