What's new

Riddles for when you're bored

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
Generally the dedication has its own pages that are not marked like the book pages, and generally 1/2 starts on its own sheet anyways.

There are exceptions, but almost every book I have used have followed the same pattern.

Your answer was indeed correct, the only time page 165/166 cannot be on the same page, is when the book has leading (unnumbered) pages, and in this case you could make the argument that the detective meant the 165th face of paper, irrelevant of markings by author.

westerhack

Level 12
Jan 22, 2012
Credits
We are staying on one topic for too long ... Someone post another riddle. I have a few upwards no one has answered. P.S. someone post how to edit the top. I see no "edit" button. I need to put some rules up there

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
We are staying on one topic for too long ... Someone post another riddle. I have a few upwards no one has answered. P.S. someone post how to edit the top. I see no "edit" button. I need to put some rules up there

How about you posted another riddle before mine had been answered. Patience, riddles are not something that you quickly move on with. They are something to be mulled over, thought about, and then finally answered.

westerhack

Level 12
Jan 22, 2012
Credits
How about you posted another riddle before mine had been answered. Patience, riddles are not something that you quickly move on with. They are something to be mulled over, thought about, and then finally answered.

What's ure riddle?

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
Here's one(or more):): a man is found lying dead in the middle of the floor. He was surrounded by 53 bicycles only. How did he die? Tip: it was a homicide.

Another one: The person who makes it sells it. The person who buys it didn't use it, and the person using it doesn't known they're using it.

P.S. I can't edit the forum header at the top. How do I if I can? I wanna instatute rules

The bicycle one is pretty old, they represent bicycle playing cards, he was cheating and when the extra card was found he was killed for cheating.

Also, coffin.

Can we not use riddles that don't follow the old rules? Riddles referencing brands or companies are disallowed.

--- merged: Feb 1, 2012 at 2:40 AM ---

I am the beginning of the end, and the end of time and space. I am essential to creation, and I surround every place.

westerhack

Level 12
Jan 22, 2012
Credits
The bicycle one is pretty old, they represent bicycle playing cards, he was cheating and when the extra card was found he was killed for cheating.

Also, coffin.

Can we not use riddles that don't follow the old rules? Riddles referencing brands or companies are disallowed.

--- merged: Feb 1, 2012 at 2:40 AM ---

I am the beginning of the end, and the end of time and space. I am essential to creation, and I surround every place.

I know the answer, but i wont give it away. Here is one: A professor, after giving a long speech, wanted to test one of his theories. His theory was that people after listening to something for a long time, weren't as good at mental excersises, as they were before. So, after he was done, he told people this riddle:

What five letter word, when you take away four of its letters, still is pronounced the same. For example, if it was two letters, and I said 'Oh', if you took away the 'h' it would still sound the same." After everyone had written down their answers, he asked them all to form a line to submit the answers.

P.S. I just made this up. It might be similar to others, but I don't know.

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
I know the answer, but i wont give it away. Here is one: A professor, after giving a long speech, wanted to test one of his theories. His theory was that people after listening to something for a long time, weren't as good at mental excersises, as they were before. So, after he was done, he told people this riddle:

What five letter word, when you take away four of its letters, still is pronounced the same. For example, if it was two letters, and I said 'Oh', if you took away the 'h' it would still sound the same." After everyone had written down their answers, he asked them all to form a line to submit the answers.

P.S. I just made this up. It might be similar to others, but I don't know.

Queue. Another answer is Aitch.

westerhack

Level 12
Jan 22, 2012
Credits
I NEED SOME HELP WITH EDITIING THE TOPIC. SOMEONE HELP PLZ

1. There are 5 houses in five different colors.

2. In each house lives a person with a different nationality.

3. These five owners drink a certain drink, smoke a certain band of cigar and keep a certain pet.

4. no owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar nor drink the same drink.

THE QUESTION IS - WHO OWNS THE FISH?

The Britt lives in the red house.

The Swede keeps dogs as pets.

The Dane drinks tea.

The green house is on the left of the white house.

The green house owner drinks coffee.

The person who smokes Paul Mall rears birds.

The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.

The man living in the house right in centre drinks milk.

The Norwegian lives in the first house.

The man who smokes blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.

The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.

The owner who smokes Bluemaster drinks beer.

The German smokes Prince.

The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.

The man who smokes Blend has a neighbor who drinks water.