What's new

Riddles for when you're bored

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
Okay.

A detective was hiring new assistants. He had three candidates, and in order to choose he gave them a test. He said "In the local library there is a clue hidden between page 165 and 166, the first one to solve the clue gets the job".

Two of the candidates ran out the door, the third stayed in his seat.

The one who stayed got the job.

Why?

westerhack

Level 12
Jan 22, 2012
Credits
Okay.

A detective was hiring new assistants. He had three candidates, and in order to choose he gave them a test. He said "In the local library there is a clue hidden between page 165 and 166, the first one to solve the clue gets the job".

Why?

Few theories. They are all centered around this one question: we're the 2 people running to the library or were they running away from the detective because they thought he was crazy or something?

CurlyPhillio

Level 32
Aug 1, 2011
Credits
Okay.

Why?

Of this certain book, were there not 166 pages?

westerhack

Level 12
Jan 22, 2012
Credits
Here's one(or more):): a man is found lying dead in the middle of the floor. He was surrounded by 53 bicycles only. How did he die? Tip: it was a homicide.

Another one: The person who makes it sells it. The person who buys it didn't use it, and the person using it doesn't known they're using it.

P.S. I can't edit the forum header at the top. How do I if I can? I wanna instatute rules

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Generally the dedication has its own pages that are not marked like the book pages, and generally 1/2 starts on its own sheet anyways.

There are exceptions, but almost every book I have used have followed the same pattern.