What's new

Potions

Jordtzx

Level 15
Jul 8, 2011
Credits
The idea of potions being removed or to be weaken to some of you may seem crazy but it's not and I have many reasons why they should be removed / weaken. Pvp (Player vs Player) is no fun no more!

Back before the 1.8 update I used to be a very good at pvping in my opinion and a few others; Since the 1.1 update when potions were brought in I find it very difficult to pvp because allot of people that wasn't so good at using swords to fight can now make potions that deal 5 hearts damage I believe. They make them very easily and fast. Even if the potions are not removed maybe make it so damage potions deal 2.5 or 3 hearts. Potions also take the point out of enchanting your armour and sword. Enchants do not help you take less damage from potions from what I believe and you are killed before you even get to hit someone with your nice enchanted swords.

I would love to hear alot more reasons on why to remove / weaken or to not remove them.

Jordtzx

Level 15
Jul 8, 2011
Credits
Sorry did i say change the sword damage? I want the potion damage changed. I can make potions by the way i just don't like using them.

Jul 17, 2011
Credits
You're still mad(not Mad lol). I mean, if the potion damage would be changed then someone else could request the armor protection to be lowered because they don't like using armor.

Wren

Level 44
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
I know this is late but still. I'd rather MCMMO was removed than potions were nerfed, it added variety before, there wasn't much to combat. We now have plenty of stuff in vanilla for combat and things like the sword skill only promote grinding mobs, thing's would be different if you could only skill up combat skills on players, but still having the sword skill as a deciding factor in battle sucks, it always did (Even though I whored it, wat, easy kills).

Like, someone could join the server, gear up with everything needed to PvP, pots, enchantment, fud, armour, bow and completely outplay someone just to die because the person he's fighting against has a 400 sword skill. So really, the only thing this new guy can do is either suck it up and die often or go grind swords to be competitive.

Address MCMMO before addressing pots mang

cactusmax

Level 10
Aug 12, 2011
Credits
I know this is late but still. I'd rather MCMMO was removed than potions were nerfed, it added variety before, there wasn't much to combat. We now have plenty of stuff in vanilla for combat and things like the sword skill only promote grinding mobs, thing's would be different if you could only skill up combat skills on players, but still having the sword skill as a deciding factor in battle sucks, it always did (Even though I whored it, wat, easy kills).

Like, someone could join the server, gear up with everything needed to PvP, pots, enchantment, fud, armour, bow and completely outplay someone just to die because the person he's fighting against has a 400 sword skill. So really, the only thing this new guy can do is either suck it up and die often or go grind swords to be competitive.

Address MCMMO before addressing pots mang

First: MCMMO adds a little bit of challenge to the game

Second: You do have to work hard to get your stats up and are rewarded with bonus damage and stuff

third: MCMMO helps bad pvp-ers to have a chanca against very good pvp-ers

fourth : i have more but gtg cause of soccer game

Jan 29, 2011
Credits
First: MCMMO adds a little bit of challenge to the game ---- makes it too hard for new players

Second: You do have to work hard to get your stats up and are rewarded with bonus damage and stuff --- They are very easy to increase not much work

third: MCMMO helps bad pvp-ers to have a chanca against very good pvp-ers --- same as point 1

fourth : i have more but gtg cause of soccer game --- good for you

Wren

Level 44
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
First: MCMMO adds a little bit of challenge to the game

Second: You do have to work hard to get your stats up and are rewarded with bonus damage and stuff

third: MCMMO helps bad pvp-ers to have a chanca against very good pvp-ers

fourth : i have more but gtg cause of soccer game

1) Having to fight someone with a higher chance of bleed, counter or parry is more disheartening than challenging. It's not funsies.

2) I fail to see how this is a good point to make when the server is all about PvP. Who wants to grind to stay competitive? 'I wish I could raid with you guys but I'm grinding. Besides, they have high sword skills anyway so I'll be at even more of a disadvantage.' <-(When raiding they have 10% damage reduction anyway, no problem with this though.)

3) Reducing the skill gap and letting bad players kill good players isn't really a good thing, and it doesn't even do that. It gives any player that grinds combat skills an advantage over someone that doesn't. Also, what about a new bad player? He's bad and also has MCMMO stacked against him.

4) Cool story bro

Ched

Level 10
Jul 8, 2011
Credits
The server is fine as it is. You know what you're up against. It's clear that most factions are going to have potions. So If I was you I would only pick a fight with them if you're prepared. If not then get grinding some levels.