What's new

Post Malone Is Not Only Curating WWE 2K24's Soundtrack, He's a Playable Character, Too

Prolific musician Post Malone will not only be a part of the soundtrack for WWE 2k24, but will also become a playable character in the game, 2K Sports has confirmed.

In a blog post, 2K Sports revealed that the rapper would not only include a few of his songs on the soundtrack, but that he curated the game's score, serving as Executive Soundtrack Producer, with various genres from electronic music to rock. 2K also revealed that Post Malone would be a playable character in WWE 2K24, purchasable via a DLC pack that will be available at an undisclosed time following the game's release.

Additional info for WWE 2k24, including the roster, Superstar ratings, and DLC, will be "shared soon," 2K wrote in the blog post.

2K also revealed the list of 12 songs featured, which you can check out below:

• Post Malone - Chemical;
  • Post Malone - Laugh It Off;
  • 100 gecs - Hand Crushed By A Mallet;
  • Busta Rhymes - Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See;
  • Colter Wall - Motorcycle;
  • Grimes - Genesis;
  • Militarie Gun - Do It Faster;
  • Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs - Big Rig;
  • Speed - Not That Nice;
  • Turnstile - Mystery;
  • Tyler Childers - House Fire;
  • Yeat - Bëttr 0ff.

The announcement comes weeks after IGN reported that 2K cut wrestler Brock Lesnar from the promotional art of the Forty Years of WrestleMania edition of WWE 2K24.

"Ultimately these iterative upgrades will likely result in what I imagine will be a near-perfect wrestling game for fans of the series," my colleague Dale Driver wrote in his hands-on preview of WWE 2K24.

WWE 2K24 will be released on March 8 for PC, PlayStation, and Xbox. If you want to learn more about WWE 2K24, keep your eyes peeled during the week of IGN Fan Fest as we plan to share new details on the game ahead of its March release date.

Image Credit: Lorne Thomson / Getty Images

Taylor is a Reporter at IGN. You can follow her on Twitter
@TayNixster.

Continue reading...