What's new

Post Malone Buys Magic: The Gathering's One Ring Card Valued at $2 Million

Post Malone has bought the one-of-a-kind Magic: The Gathering Card, Lord of the Rings' The One Ring, which was valued at $2 million.

Though the owner of the One Ring card was previously unknown, a social media user called Brook Trafton shared a video of (presumably) themselves meeting Post Malone and selling the card.

The 13-second clip doesn't show much but does see the rapper evaluating the card before saying: "Yeah, I'll take it." It's unconfirmed how much Post Malone paid for The One Ring, but as trading card buying and collecting company Dave and Adam's Card World was willing to pay $2 million for it, it was likely a life-changing amount.

This is my dream come true, meeting @PostMalone and him buying the One Ring card from me is literally a moment straight out of a fairytale. @PostMalone @wizards_magic you’ve changed my life. Things like this don’t happen to people like me. Forever grateful 🙏 ✨ #mtg #onering pic.twitter.com/VMBlDA1HdD

— Brook Trafton (@BrookTrafton) August 1, 2023

Trafton looks to break down in tears after Post Malone agrees to take the card and the two hug before taking a photograph together. "When I found the One Ring, the first person who came to mind was Post Malone," Trafton wrote on Instagram. "I have played [Magic: The Gathering] since I was a kid and obviously it would be amazing to keep this card.

"But for a guy like me, being able to sell it is life-changing. I just really hoped it would go to someone who would appreciate it as much as I do."

While nothing is official until a sales figure is released, The One Ring is likely now the highest-selling Magic: The Gathering and trading card of all time, with the previous record held by a $540,000 Black Lotus.

The Lord of the Rings: Tales of Middle-earth set was announced by Wizards of the Coast in August 2021 and finally launches in June 2023. IGN revealed the special One Ring card, which was found fairly quickly on June 30.

Ryan Dinsdale is an IGN freelance reporter. He'll talk about The Witcher all day.

Continue reading...