What's new

[Plugin Suggestion][FUN] PVP Arena v0.3.7.1 - configurable Arenas - Free Fight, Team Fight, CTF, Pow

Sea

Level 35
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
This a temporary thread to catch people that are interested in an updated version of the PVP Arena - I am continuing the continuation of a ... well I will explain the story at the bottom - first the most important things for everyone that knows what I am talking about:

DevBukkit Pages - Download - Help - First steps to set up an arena - Configuration guideline

PVP Arena

Version: 0.3.7.1

This plugin provides the framework to make you able to set up arenas in your world. If you are new, start by reading the "First steps" and "Configuration" links at the top of this post.

Features

• PVP Arena - let your players fight each other
  • multiple arenas
  • customisable classes
  • saving of inventory, health and hunger
  • cuboid arena protection
  • ingame config reload
  • arena maintainance disabling
  • display stats
  • colorize names in team color

Arena Types

• Blue vs. Red (default)
  • Free Fight (type => free)
  • Capture the Flag (type => ctf)

Configurables

• PowerUps
  • team killing protection
  • teams - decide how many, how they are called, what color
  • "ready" block
  • only start with even teams
  • item rewards support
  • class permissions restriction
  • random spawn points
  • full language file

Recommended Plugins (optional!)

Known issues

• rewards are a bit buggy atm, it's on my todo list Happy
  • Powerups very buggy, I need you to help me test Happy

Changelog

v0.3

• v0.3.7 - Bugfixes
  • v0.3.6 - Capture the Flag mode!
  • v0.3.5 - Powerups! + EssentialsEconomy17 support Happy
  • v0.3.4 - Define your teams! How many? Names? Colors?
  • v0.3.3 - Random spawns possible for every arena
  • v0.3.2 - Class signs now cover 2 signs, just place a blank sign UNDER a class sign
  • v0.3.1 - FreeFight arena - mayor(!) rewrite
  • v0.3.0 - Multiple Arena support, bug fixes

v0.2

• v0.2.1.2 - iConomy 6 support
  • v0.2.1 - fixes, code cleaning
  • v0.2.0 - language support

versions before 0.2

Credits

Credits go to the original creators and maintainers of this plugin:

Deminetix for the very root, the Fight plugin

Bradley Hilton for the fork until version v0.0.3

Carbon131 for adding features until version v0.0.5

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fu...ree-fight-team-fight-ctf-powerups-1337.42919/

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
I must disagree with this, as it does not actually create risks when PvPing. Your actual inventory is saved, and returned later. We've tried plugins similar to this before, and they do not quite provide what we need.

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
It still would not provide the kind of PvP we've wanted in the past. It doesn't have any risk of losing something, and if we offered a reward for it, it would only increase the riches of everyone when we should be shrinking it to where everything is more valuable.

Playerer

Level 37
Jul 17, 2011
Credits
It still would not provide the kind of PvP we've wanted in the past. It doesn't have any risk of losing something, and if we offered a reward for it, it would only increase the riches of everyone when we should be shrinking it to where everything is more valuable.

True that^

jeffrocks26

Level 27
Aug 1, 2011
Credits
How about an entry fee of a diamond or 2? And, in return 10 diamonds for a win, 7 diamonds for 2nd, and 5 diamonds for 3rd. Therefore you lose something trying to enter, but also if you win you gain that back and more.

Wizard12

Level 22
Aug 27, 2011
Credits
I think it shouldn't be regular but maybe something like a monthly tourny with an entrance fee of a hundred or so coins. 1st, 2nd and 3rd take shares of the entrance money (maybe 1/3, 3/9 and 1/9) and a shop is set up in the arena where people (not just winners/losers) can buy blocks and ingots of iron, gold and diamond.

Wizard12

Level 22
Aug 27, 2011
Credits
<_<

2/9's then

Don't rely on my arithmitic.... give me an equation I'll differentiated it, factorize it, hell, if it's simple enough I'll put it through the quadratic formula all in my head for you.... just don't trust me when I have to do 1+2....

--- merged: Nov 13, 2011 at 4:15 PM ---

That's 4 right?

Aro

Level 7
Oct 15, 2011
Credits
1 + 1 does equal 11.

Why not set an entry fee of 100 and the winner gets nothing?

Also supports capture the flag too. That could have less of an entry fee.

Glad the author takes requests to add features. Fairly easy to set up as well, he's documenting some stuff atm so that will help a lot.