What's new

Obligatory Japan Quake Response

Legojack261

Level 30
Jul 30, 2010
Credits
PRAY FOR JAPA- Oh wait a minute, that's not what I was going to say...

Lately, with the whole quake in Japan, the general internet response has kinda ticked me off. These are what I usually see posts or pictures of a sign or message saying "Pray for Japan". I'm sure most of you have already seen this. Especially if you frequent places like DeviantART.

I have to keep telling people, and I apologize to any religious members. Praying will not help Japan at all. Maybe instead of just typing "Pray for Japan" on a keyboard, you could go out and I don't know... maybe donate some money? I also realize that while some can't pay, there are many who can and just "pray" instead.

Also, another thing that this quake has stirred up. I'm talking about the "so-called" 2012 Apocalypse. Really, I thought people would learn after the Y2K event. They all felt like idiots for believing it in the first place. Now a few people talk about the ending of the Mayan Calender and we're all into it again. I graduate in the year 2012, so I already know what I'll put for my graduation quote.

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
2012 is NOT a reality. It is simply the next cycle of the Mesoamerican calendar, and is nothing to be afraid of. Feel free to celebrate it, as it's something not many people will ever witness, but it means nothing. There has been a cycle before this one, and there is no evidence to suggest the Mayans thought this cycle would bring about Earths destruction.

Seriously, stop the silly rumours, people have loved apocalypse stories before now, all that's happened is the media got wind of this one. After 2012 I'm sure 2015 will be the end of the world; and so on and so forth.