What's new

NERF Reveals Minecraft Sabrewing Motorized Bow Based on Minecraft: Dungeons

NERF and Minecraft have mashed up once again, this time in the form of a Minecraft Dungeons-inspired Sabrewing motorized NERF bow.

The Sabrewing Bow comes with an 8-round clip, and fires darts one at a time by pulling "back the string with the priming handle to power up the motor" and hitting the fire button. It also includes a clip-worth of darts, so you can go full-bore right out of the box.

They're NERF Elite darts, too, which means they travel fast, far, and surprisingly accurately. As someone who remembers the days of plastic toys that shot crappy suction cup darts, I am constantly delighted by the advancements we, as a society, have made in the world of foam projectiles. Take a look at the slideshow below to see the NERF Minecraft Sabrewing Motorized Bow.

The NERF Minecraft Sabrewing Motorized Bow requires 4 AA batteries and will be available August 1 for $44.99.

If you haven't played Minecraft: Dungeons, I highly recommend it. I reviewed Minecraft: Dungeons back when it came out, and it's a ton of fun, and they've been making improvements ever since. It's a nice intro to Diablo, basically, but with Minecraft. Plus it's really pretty. While you wait for the blaster to come out, go play Minecraft: Dungeons, it's on Game Pass.

Seth Macy is Executive Editor, IGN Commerce, and just wants to be your friend. You can find him hosting the Nintendo Voice Chat podcast.

Continue reading...