What's new

My Project

L

LuciferZ

I have been working on this build for a month in tiny short stretches, since I don't have the patience for long minecraft sessions anymore (in most cases). I am coming to a slow point as I finished the central feature, and now have to deal with the worst design issue in the world:

Square buildings in a circular area :(

missionary_wip.png

The idea of the build is a missionary built on this circular wall of earth, surrounding a evil/corrupted/hellhole type thing. And like a couple of centuries ago, the warrior monks who lived there and built the place kept the evil contained with a relic at its base. But now the order has gotten lax from years of safety and the relic has disintegrated from age and COOL SHIT LIKE THAT. Perspective makes it look small in the back but its an even circle and width all the way around.

Remaining buildings are a few large towers to break up the circle, another dormitory, a forge and armory, a granary, lots more farms and probably trees/gardens, a chapel or shrine or two, and the granddaddy cathedral dead center on the upper semicircle, which has the undercroft and the giant gates into the center.

Once its done and I have edited the monster-spawners appropriately, I will do a runthrough of it because I'm just that much of a badass. Get to the bottom, replace the thing, get back out, all before the gate shuts.

ideas for a slow closing gate would be a nice bonus because while im a badass im also a moron

Roze

Level 37
Staff member
Administrator
May 23, 2010
Credits
Nice multilayering of the area.

A much more grand looking gate would be awesome.

I do love the nether region in the center.

Dakry

Level 31
Oct 10, 2010
Credits
Then don't make the buildings square... make them with two curved sides that match the central circle and walls to make a street in between two sets of buildings. Two straight sides perpendicular from the circle, then two curved (being street side and circle side). Also allows you to have windows over the central feature. Good luck and I will be curious to see how it turns out.