What's new

My Little Pony Is Getting an Open World Mystery Game Published by the Team Behind TMNT Mutant Mutant Mayhem Game

My Little Pony, the media franchise with fans of all ages, is getting a new game: an open-world mystery game that launches on May 17 for PC, PlayStation, Switch, and Xbox.

The new game, My Little Pony: A Zephyr Heights Mystery, will follow the characters from the fifth generation of My Little Pony: Sunny, Izzy, Misty, Pipp, Zipp, and Hitch as they try to uncover the mystery concerning magic and how it is causing a strange disturbance in the kingdom of Zephyr Heights.

These characters previously appeared in the 2021 film My Little Pony: A New Generation and the tie-in game My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure, which helped kick in a renaissance of sorts for the My Little Pony franchise, which has been going strong for over 40 years.

Alongside a brand-new My Little Pony game for fans to dig into, the press release and accompanying trailer revealed that A Zephyr Heights Mystery will also support two-player co-op, allowing players to solve the mystery with a friend.

The game is being published by Outright Games, a British publisher specializing in family-friendly licensed games. This includes publishing the aforementioned Maretime Bay Adventure. Other licensed games Outright has published include My Friend Peppa Pig, Bluey: The Videogame, and the upcoming spinoff game based on the animated movie Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem.

"Outright Games has a long history of bringing high quality, family-focused games to market and understands the lore, longevity, and magic behind MY LITTLE PONY," Wizards of the Coast and Hasbro SVP Digital Strategy Eugene Evans said. "Growing our digital games portfolio through licensing and development remains a key strategy for us. We are committed to bringing our beloved brands to life for players in new and imaginative ways by working with creative partners from all over the world."

The team developing it is Drakhar Studios, a developer that has previously worked with Outright and has experience making licensed games for younger demographics. Its most recent game is 2021's Paw Patrol The Movie: Adventure City Calls.

Taylor is a Reporter at IGN. You can follow her on Twitter @TayNixster.

Continue reading...