Mob Island... 2.0!

Aggravate

Level 32
Oct 14, 2010
Credits
ZkPtl

Gif Version :

http://i56.tinypic.com/2vlqfkw.gif

Since there was such a great response from everyone on the server to the Mob Island (AKA Survival Island) events I've gone ahead and made this an OFFICIAL aggression event. What this means for you, the players is that the other staff members and I will host this at LEAST once a week. It also means that this event will be more organized since we won't just have the usual chaotic ""Lets do dis" -> Aggravate organizes for 4 hours straight -> Aggravate organizes everyone -> Event starts 10 hours after we said "lets do dis""".

So what exactly is this Mob Island Event everyone is always talking about... well you are basically thrown into an island, and given a few start-up tools, you can than form teams or go solo and build a small fortress, here you will have to out-last multiple waves of mobs, including some special waves of mobs.

Rules

Initially I did not want this to become one of those rule infested events, but I've seen that we do need at least some rules (damnit tanja).

-You may not leave the area surrounded by yellow wool.

-You may use any materials found on the island.

-You may not camp underground. (Camping above ground is allowed, however no sky bases :|.)

-No Pvping

-No Stealing from other players

-DO NOT MINE MATERIALS UNTIL THE EVENT COORDINATOR HAS GIVEN THE OK. (I want people to see this rule which is why it's in fucking red underlined boldtalics.)

Special Rules

-During Endermen Rounds anything made out of IRON BLOCKS will not be destroyed.

-There are hidden chests found under the island, these will give you a firm advantage over other players.

-Every 10 or so rounds will be a 5 minute re-build / expand break, where I will constantly spawn pigs.

-(More special rules may be added later)

Schedule

None.

-Every Legend will get to build an island with me and set a date for the mob island event :), this includes all present Legends and all new Legends. Only valid after this week :p

WINNARS

1st Place - Todda7

2nd Place - Rokku_Ryu

3rd Place - BigBennieP

Made Of Diamonds Award - Todda7

Problem Spiders? Award - Rokku_Ryu

F.A.Q

Question: Aggravate, whens the next event?

Answer: Check the schedule.

Question: But there is no schedule :(

Answer: Than it hasn't been decided.

Question: But Aggravate!

Answer: No.

Question: What if I donate?

Answer: You didn't even read the topic did you?

Question: Will this event favor donators?

Answer: No, the only advantage being a donator gets you is being able to pick the date of an event and helping me setup the island (slight advantage) nothing else, I will be placing down hidden chests without the help of the donator.

Question: Why don't you do an event everyday :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Answer:

1) We don't get payed to do this.

2) The first 30 minutes of organizing the event is like dumping my entire body into a bucket of salt coated razorblades resting in a small bucket of acid. We usually have a few problematic cases.

3) I don't have time to do an event everyday, however other mods / admins will be able to do the event as well, if they want to do it that's up to them.

Rokku_Ryu

Level 7
Jul 24, 2011
Credits
If you are gonna hide chests, might I suggest a return to the anti-xray plugin. Or at least watch for people who "just happen to find them in the first 10 seconds.

chemcel

Level 4
Jul 9, 2011
Credits
Nice lol i saw found the island but havent went on it any mob island IM IN

--- merged: Aug 9, 2011 at 4:45 AM ---

btw wheres my 2nd prize?

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
Oh, so I find the island, make parts of it more natural (I will admit, you did more than me :rolleyes:), and I don't get mentioned at all?

What this means for you, the players is that the other staff members and I will host this at LEAST once a week. It also means that this event will be more organized since we won't just have the usual chaotic ""Lets do dis" -> Aggravate organizes for 4 hours straight -> Aggravate organizes everyone -> Event starts 10 hours after we said "lets do dis""".

So only Aggravate can host these, it appears. :p

Dannie

Level 29
Jul 3, 2011
Credits
Awesome. Sauce.

dc05_awesomesauce_hot_sauce.jpg

Aggravate

Level 32
Oct 14, 2010
Credits
Erskew... I was talking about the times I did the event, you helped me build the island we're going to use for the next one... lol :p.

Also I said that I would be hosting it once a week, that doesn't mean other staff members can't host it if they want. but I will be doing it once a week.