What's new

MineSwitcher - Quickly switch between minecraft clients!

cbroughton

Level 19
Feb 16, 2011
Credits
MineSwitcher v0.6

sPwlu.png

Do you have multiple MineCraft installations/ Perhaps one clean copy, a few with server-specific mods, and one you use for single-player foolery? Want an easy way to test out new mods, without having to o through the hassle of re-downloading a clean copy of MineCraft? This is for you!

Alright, I know this doesn't look very good right now; but I'm doing what I can to get that improved as soon as possible, while keeping the cross-OSness of the project safe. Right now it uses an included Python engine, and Tkinter for the GUI (also included in the Python engine). If you get the ZIP or the Executable, you're fine. If you get the Python Source one, you'll have to have Python 2.7 installed (pre-installed on most Linux and Macs!)

Changelog

bSwrZ.png

Screenshot(s)

Main Interface

GMfUQ.png

Client -> New

tnl1R.png

Video

None yet :(

Downloads

Download Now!

Planned Features

• Ability for server admins to provide auto-updating capabilities for the end-user.
  • Better GUI, whenever I find a better module than Tkinter.
  • Some better licensing arrangement (not really a feature)

FAQ / Known Errors

Q: I run MineSwitcher and just get a black screen that flashes.

A: Try obtaining the newest version of MineSwitcher, I've recently updated it.

Q: I get a NameError when starting MineSwitcher, or while it's running.

A: See the above answer.

Q: Where are my MineCraft clients being sotred?

A: They are now in %appdata%\MineSwitcher\ there you will find folders named after the clients, each with a .minecraft folder inside them.

Q: Why do you use Adf.ly links in your post? / Why do I have to wait to download?

A: It's not like I get any money for making this. I give my time to the community in making them this tool, you seeing a short advertisement gives me some small compensation for that time (about 1 US cent per 20 downloads.)

I need people to report bugs so I can continue development, tell me what you think, tell me if you like it; all that kind of stuff! I check back often. I'll even do feature requests if anyone has some. Want a backup system? I'll make one. Want a better GUI? I'll see what I can do! Just say something.

MineSwitcher by Charles Broughton is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.

cbroughton

Level 19
Feb 16, 2011
Credits
Make it so we can run two or more copies at the same time without use of a virtual machine?:D

You can, just double click another one in MineSwitcher.

Also posted on: Minecraft Forum

Embedded python was making errors for most Windows 7 users (I really need to get some beta testers to avoid this happening in the future...) so I've now (finally) fixed those errors, and moved the storage directory to a user-specific path so the user doesn't need to run MineSwitcher as Administrator for it to save files. Please report bugs so I can fix them, instead of finding them out later from people on TeamSpeak :/

cbroughton

Level 19
Feb 16, 2011
Credits
Updated application to fix problems some Windows users were having launching it. Should work now, please report bugs as you see them.

cbroughton

Level 19
Feb 16, 2011
Credits
Embedded python was making errors for most Windows 7 users (I really need to get some beta testers to avoid this happening in the future...) so I've now (finally) fixed those errors, and moved the storage directory to a user-specific path so the user doesn't need to run MineSwitcher as Administrator for it to save files. Please report bugs so I can fix them, instead of finding them out later from people on TeamSpeak :/

Jul 17, 2011
Credits
OK, since I can't really find you/get on your TS, I'll bug you here. Spoutcraft support. Many in the RMM, and elsewhere, are using it. Just like me. So it would be nice if you added some sort of option to use different clients. This would not only add the possibility to use Spoutcraft, but (although pirated, although all of us have a legal account) also the ability to use older versions of the game.

(y u always muted, y can't i connect, y kuro call me a little piece of sh*t?)