What's new

Minecraft snapshot 15w35b

Update: We’ve released snapshot 15w35b to loosen the new zombie clothes. They were so tight they couldn’t walk, poor things.

By order of the bone, today is officially declared a Wednesday.

Wednesday.

Have you ever noticed how weird that word is? Wednesday. Wednesday. It makes no sense!

Anyhows, we’re not going to be in the office much this week so we thought we’d bring you a snapshot today to fix some issues brought about by last weeks experimental changes. I also put some clothes on some zombies, as I couldn’t help but blush every time one of them walked past.

Notable changes:

• Finished the magic trick in which we vanished chunks. They were hiding under the hat this whole time.
  • Fixed some old memory leaks in the client.
  • Put some clothes on the zombies. They may be post mortal, but that’s no reason to be indecent.
  • Slight rebalancing of tools & weapons.
  • Even more experimental performance enhancements. Guaranteed to break at least one heart.
  • Fixed some old memory leaks in the client. Sorry, did I say this already? I forgot.
  • Liked the command blocks? That wasn’t even their final form.

And these are some of the fixed bugs:

• [Bug MC-45763] – Some blocks are facing the wrong way if placed in an Item Frame
  • [Bug MC-86925] – Running out of memory when exiting
  • [Bug MC-86937] – Empty Chunks duplicate one-another and cause weird behaviour
  • [Bug MC-87050] – (2 bugs in one) Glitch with adding attributes to items in 1.9

Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we can’t fix it!

To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).

Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.

Cross-platform server jar: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/15w35b/minecraft_server.15w35b.jar

Report bugs here:

`

Continue reading...