What's new

Minecraft snapshot 15w33b

Update: Snapshot 15w33b has been released to fix some nasty bugs, as follows:

• [Bug MC-85837] – Crash or chunk corruption on turning "text" into Components
  • [Bug MC-85839] – Crashing when summoning a mob
  • [Bug MC-85884] – Lingering potion shows incorrect time values

Roar! That’s dragon for “Greetings, human. I like your face. Here’s a snapshot“.

This week’s snapshot brings a whole new type of potion, some smaller changes to existing potions, more changes to the Dragon fight mechanics (there’s a reason to respawn her now, and I do not apologize for making it so much harder), and a bunch of optimisations/bug fixes.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind people that we have not yet balanced the new (or existing) features. Things will either be completely overpowered or hilariously underpowered, so keep that in mind when playing with any new stuff!

Here are some of the notable changes:

• Added new ‘lingering’ class of potions.
  • Told the dragon that you all called her funny names, so now she’s extra angry.
  • Optimisations! Bug fixes!
  • Looking into End Gateways may cause slight headaches.
  • Recalibrated the quantum intake regulator.

Searge also requested that you all know the following. I suspect he’s moonlighting as a litter pick.

• It will be noticed if you throw your trash everywhere
  • It will also be noticed if you pick it up and keep your world clean

And these are some of the fixed bugs:

• [Bug MC-82945] – UUID error: Tried to add entity with duplicate UUID spam
  • [Bug MC-83350] – Entities teleporting through a portal disappear instead of teleporting.
  • [Bug MC-83731] – Using /kill on the Ender Dragon doesn't end the fight
  • [Bug MC-85288] – "Save World" and "Cancel" Button have been switched
  • [Bug MC-85382] – Attempting to use a spawn egg on a block thats out of range throws error
  • [Bug MC-85397] – Adult mobs spawned with mob eggs are "invalid", they can't be selected with @e
  • [Bug MC-85542] – Enderdragon can destroy end_portal and end_gateway blocks

Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com. If nobody reports a bug, we can’t fix it!

To get snapshots, open your launcher and press the “New Profile” button. Call it “snapshots” and check the box saying “Enable experimental development snapshots” and save. To switch to the normal version, you can select it in the dropdown at the bottom left corner of the launcher. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (See the “new profile” dialog).

Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.

Cross-platform server jar: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/15w33b/minecraft_server.15w33b.jar

Report bugs here:

`

Continue reading...