What's new

Max Brooks is writing a Minecraft novel! Oh yes!

Yes, that’s Max Brooks, the author of amazing future-history zombie yarn World War Z. He’s writing a Minecraft novel, titled “Minecraft: The Island”. I’ve peeked at an early draft and it’s entirely amazing, just as we knew it would be. Think cuboid Robinson Crusoe, but madder: a hero stranded in an unfamiliar land, with unfamiliar rules, learning to survive against tremendous odds.

We’re all huge fans of Max’s work in books and comics - The Harlem Hellfighters and The Extinction Parade are personal favourites - and his enthusiasm for Minecraft is truly inspiring.

Here are some official quotes from important people!

“I’m very excited to be part of this new venture,” said Max Brooks. “Finally I can justify all those hours I’ve spent playing Minecraft.”

“From our first meeting with Max, we knew he would be a perfect fit for our first foray into novels based on Minecraft,” said Lydia Winters, Brand Director of Mojang. “His enthusiasm and understanding of all things related to the game bring out the sense of wonder and possibility that so many players love about Minecraft - ourselves included.”

“We are absolutely thrilled to be working with the fantastic team at Mojang on what will be the first ever official Minecraft novels,” said Keith Clayton, VP, Associate Publisher at Del Rey, “and we’re so fortunate to have someone of Max’s incredible talent and passion on board for the launch of the series.”

Quite so. Prepare yourself for a page-turner!

Cheerio!

Marsh - @marshdavies

Continue reading...