What's new

Map corruption?

Jakers42

Level 11
Jul 23, 2011
Credits
Is there any way to get my other half of my base back? I've lost a wealth of stuff including a stack of diamonds, hours of digging, stacks of obsidian, and various diamond tools...

Some of which were on me, and when i /f home'd, i lost it all because i became buried in a wall that wasn't there before.

Also, i lost two member of my faction: Lexxa and LightxEthan, which were also in my faction.

That led to a cap on my claimed land, and the automatic unclaiming of my obelisk.

Someone greifed it a little too...

The Noodle

Level 48
Aug 1, 2010
Credits
Lets deal with the part that doesn't make sense first.

You didn't lose any faction members because of map corruption.

Given your tendency to exaggerate your loss it will take some time before we are able to ascertain what you actually lost.

Jakers42

Level 11
Jul 23, 2011
Credits
I didn't exaggerate... i thought i lost them due to that. I just haven't contacted them yet.

Look into backups to see what i lost, if possible. The main thing i'm really at loss for is the hours of digging and such i've put into my home.

I can always get more diamond and obsidian relatively easily, i'm just sad that i lost all that effort on making my home nice :(

--- merged: Jul 31, 2011 at 6:22 AM ---

When i logged in today, i was holding 3-4 stacks of obsidian, some coal, 2 diamond pickaxes, and a diamond sword in my inventory. Shortly after, i /f home'd and lost it all.

It should be in a backup, if you back up your data once a day at least.

--- merged: Jul 31, 2011 at 6:24 AM ---

53 diamond, 1.5 stacks of iron ingots, 5.5 stacks of redstone, 1/2 a stack of gold ingot, and some other stuff in a hidden chest that was in my base, on the side of the corrupted home. If you ask LolugotPwned... he can back this up, as he was the one that primarily got the diamond and obsidian.

Rokku_Ryu

Level 7
Jul 24, 2011
Credits
The Zerg also lost one of their bases (erskew came and looked, said there was nothing he could do)

We lost about 2 double chests worth of items, a large chunk of our mushroom farm, and our lava trap.

Is there anything that can be done to get the items back at the very least?

Valetino

Level 25
Jul 5, 2011
Credits
Pweeeeeeeeease reset, I may lose like 4 stacks of iron blocks, 2 of gold and one of diamond blocks but I want a reset:D *Chants Reset! Reset! Reset!* pweeeease

Rokku_Ryu

Level 7
Jul 24, 2011
Credits
Might as well do a server reset now...

--- merged: Jul 31, 2011 at 9:02 PM ---

Map*

No point, we will just have to do one in 1.8. Notch has already said that most maps and SMP servers will need a new map for all the new features to be available.

Resetting now will lose us players, a map reset always does, and then having to do it again could be catastrophic for the servers livelihood.

An appropriate responce to this would be to, say, lower the price of the gear availiable.

Its already been said that the next map reset will bring in changes and new ways money can be used, so a lower price on this server would actually help transition into that.

Jakers42

Level 11
Jul 23, 2011
Credits
Good points, Rokku!

Besides, you could always get your resources again, as a map reset = resources reset too...

Shouldn't be too hard.