What's new

Looks Like PS1 Game Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace Is Coming to PS Plus Classics

Here’s a blast from the past: PSone game Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace looks set to hit PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 via the PlayStation Plus Classics catalog.

Gematsu spotted a rating for the 1999 adventure in Taiwan, which includes a launch on PS4 and PS5.

Disney continues to carry the PlayStation Plus Classics lineup on its back—STAR WARS Episode I: The Phantom Menace (PS1) has been rated for PS5 and PS4 in Taiwan.

Please follow and visit https://t.co/cVnrA6wA1m for all your video game news, thanks. <3 pic.twitter.com/oBwFWMXIAb

— Gematsu (@gematsu) December 7, 2023

A number of old Disney games have hit the PS Plus Classics lineup in recent months, including PSP game Up. Last month, IGN reported on the Taiwan ratings board listing Disney/Pixar Buzz Lightyear of Star Command (PS1), Thrillville: Off the Rails (PSP), and Thrillville (PSP) all for PS4 and PS5. Now we can add Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace to the list.

Sony has yet to announce the PlayStation Plus Game Catalog for December, but it won’t be far off.

Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace was developed by and published by LucasArts as an adaptation of the film. It includes a number of familiar settings and characters from Episode I. We weren’t particularly impressed, however, with our Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace review returning a 6.2.

Wesley is the UK News Editor for IGN. Find him on Twitter at @wyp100. You can reach Wesley at wesley_yinpoole@ign.com or confidentially at wyp100@proton.me.

Continue reading...