What's new

Kai Cenat Has Beaten Elden Ring After 167 Joyous Hours of Cursing, Yelling, and Throwing Controller Out the Window

Kai Cenat, the popular Twitch streamer who once incited a riot in New York with a giveaway event, has officially finished Elden Ring after a more than 160 hour marathon that at one point included throwing his controller out the window.

The stream, which kicked off on May 10 with a promise that he would play it until beat it, became something of a sensation thanks to Cenat's antics, at one point topping 230,000 viewers. Cenat announced that he had finished Elden Ring on Friday afternoon after 166 hours with a post on X/Twitter exclaiming, "I FINALLY BEAT ELDEN RING."

I FINALLY BEAT ELDEN RING.

— AMP KAI (@KaiCenat) May 17, 2024

Cenat's achievement felt especially notable became, as he pointed out, he doesn't normally play these types of games. He's best-known for streaming games like GTA Online, though he has also sprinkled in Red Dead Redemption 2, Minecraft, and other games.

Neverthless, Cenat's stream has been a hit, bringing with it a seemingly endless stream of reactions and clips as he has his cursed his way through each difficult encounter.

Kai Cenat just threw his controller through his window 😮

This is what Elden Ring does to a man 😭😭😭 pic.twitter.com/stcHEEhBRw

— d r e w (@its_nadaaa) May 13, 2024

Despite his inexperience, Cenat perservered, even managing to defeat the notoriously difficult Malenia on his 271st try following a struggle that lasted more than 20 hours.

After rolling credits, Cenat celebrated by watching the trailer for the Shadow of Erdtree DLC, which he roundly applauded, then he watched a speedrunner finish the game in less than two minutes, prompting one last furious reaction.

In all, Cenat's run lasted roughly 167 hours and took some 1,700 deaths to finalaly complete.

After nearly 167 hours and over 1,700 deaths, Kai Cenat has officially beaten Elden Ring pic.twitter.com/IQqb5JQGFC

— Jake Lucky (@JakeSucky) May 17, 2024

In his final review, Cenat thanked the Soulsborne community and called Elden Ring "a masterpiece."

"To the people who watch on the regular, thank you. Because y'all gave me a chance to explore a new game that is not in our category that we don't normally play and we had a great time...gaming is really huge and I really respect Elden Ring," Cenat said.

"[T]o the Souls community, y'all are some gamers. Second of all, this game is a masterpiece. Does it deserve game of the year? Yes. I love God of War. I love it. This game is cinema...I literally enjoyed every boss battle...I don't know what game compares to this now. This is absolute cinema."

This game is cinema...I literally enjoyed every boss battle...I don't know what game compares to this now. This is absolute cinema

Cenat also vowed to return for Shadow of the Erdtree, which is due out in a little more than a month.

"If this one thing that you learned from watching this, bro, do not give up, bro. Listen to me. DLC? We're playing," he said.

One way or another, it doesn't sound like Kai Cenat's journey is over just yet. Elden Ring: Shadow of Erdtree releases on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on June 21.

Kat Bailey is IGN's News Director as well as co-host of Nintendo Voice Chat. Have a tip? Send her a DM at @the_katbot.

Continue reading...