What's new

It's me , the fuckwit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mircea

Level 5
Jul 15, 2011
Credits
I have been aware of the rule that enforced that bases needed to be at least 64 blocks away from the spawn .In fact ,here it is:"Spawn bases are not allowed. That is any base withing 64 blocks of a safe zone.

- Bases must not be visible from the spawn or rails at normal render distance which is roughly 64 blocks, or 4 chunks on /f map. Exceptions can be made at Admin Discretion for bases that are closer but are obscured by terrain. Bases that are exempt from this rule the faction owning the base must maintain the terrain to keep the base obscured.".

However, before deleting my base a few minutes ago, you could have considered:

1. i built it here over the ruins of another tower BEFORE the new spawn base rule

2. There actually is a small hill that blocks the view to the tracks

3. I even asked a mod or whatever he was(if you think i am bulshitting please go check the logs.Or let me do it if you don't have the time) if my base was ok.He said it was fine, and the worst that could happen is that it could get moved a few blocks back

4.The Fighters base was way closer to the rails than mine,and build after the new set of rules.HOWEVER, they had a prior warning and their base was moved a hundred or so blocks back.

Anybody see what's wrong here? My base has been a a focal point for pvp many times, everybody akgnowleged it's presence , even the mods that occasionaly watched over the pvp.NOT ONCE DID I GET A WARNING.Not even a "HEY asshole pack your shit up we are deleting your base".NOTHING.Just bam.

Please note that i have never broken any rule.I have never insulted admins, never spammed, never cheated and never been a douchebag on chat or whatever.Never. Yet what i get when i try to ask what the **** happened to my base? " Mircea is a fuckwit".

Very professional.....

* And i am not being butthurt about losing my stuff and shit , but i LOST ACTUAL time.You know ,time in real life i dedicated to building my base,doing al sorts of stuff. For what?

* and yes i am expecting a reply that goes something like" U no LIEK? U LEAVE! U mad? "

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Ill make a small note... "Admin Discretion" not "Mircea Discretion"

Also note that that building on the ruins of another building does not count as a way to bypass the rule. We are getting tired of the people who just completely disregard the rules and then rage when they are punished (Much like you are doing with this thread) hence our punishments are getting rougher.

...But you know what, if people keep trying to push on this rule. The rule will just change that bases can not be within 512 blocks of spawn and railways, with NO EXCEPTIONS (It don't matter if there is terrain, if the base is already built before the change, or whatnot)

Mircea

Level 5
Jul 15, 2011
Credits
I am not asking for an exception, nor do i think i am the owner of the server.I simply wanted a fair warning and fair treatment.I never stole your horses , yet you treat me like a horse thief.Other people got warnings.Other people got their bases moved back.Yet mine was obliterated.This is what i find wrong

*what if i never checked the forum rules? what if i somehow missed that rule? what then? would i get an ingame warning? or the banhammer?

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
what I don't get. you are apparently aware of the rule, considering you state others have had their bases moved, and some warned. So why do you go and break it anyway?

And it is the player's responsibility to check the rules.

I mean I cant get pulled irl over by a Police officer for doing 80MPH in a 55MPH speed zone cause and get away with it because "I didn't see the speedlimit sign". It is my responsibility to be aware of rules and rule changes and change my behavior accordingly. I expect the same out of anyone who plays on Aggression.

Mircea

Level 5
Jul 15, 2011
Credits
And still this question pops up: Why were others warned beforehand? I got no warning and i had the go of a mod or whatever he was.I thought the small hill coincided with the rule exception. Therefore , i thought everything was ok. Hell ,a 30 second warning would have been great so i could at least picked up my valuable stuff. I am not some random ass that has no regard for the rules.I respect them.But when they are made on the go, it is hard to addapt. More so without any warning.

* i even remember a member of the luckers i think threatening me that he will report me to an admin for spawn base only to say few hours later" you're lucky, your base doesen't count as one".And i am not pulling this out of my ass.If you want to prove me wrong, go through the logs if you have that.Or let me do it, i have some free time this weekend.

And at the end of the day i am just a player that enjoys playing on this server , not some whiny bitch as you seem to think i am.

--- merged: Oct 8, 2011 at 6:35 PM ---

So i guess you are going to ban me for not bending over and taking it,right? Fine, be shure to keep the cheaters and the real rule abusers like the ones hitting people from the rails and block jumping.Oh and let's not forget people that log off in a faction's doorway so that they get glitched to the roof.I am the real threat here

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
No I won't ban you. I cant speak for the other admins but if you are banned, it will be for your actions following the spawn base incident.

As for a mod giving you the go ahead: "Admin Discretion"

And you don't realize. there is limited manpower when it comes to staff. so when we have to focus on crap like spawn bases/failure to read rules/people being tards. the less manpower we have on catching cheaters and 'real abusers' as you put it.

And I appreciate if it isn't exaggerated on how we don't enforce other rules, we punish anyone we find breaking rules thank you very much.

Thread Locked

(or as Tanja would put it: Womp)

Status
Not open for further replies.