What's new

Indie Dev Says Warner Bros. Is Removing His Game From Sale, So He's Made It Free

An indie developer has said Warner Bros. Discovery is removing his game from sale, so he made it free to play.

As reported by VGC, the creator of Small Radios Big Televisions, Owen Deery, tweeted that Warner Bros. Discovery had informed him that his game would be retired in the coming weeks. Small Radios Big Televisions is published by Warner Bros. Discovery subsiadary Adult Swim Games.

Small Radios Big Televisions was released on November 8, 2016 and lets players "explore the inner workings of deserted factories in search of data cassettes that contain boundless virtual worlds".

In lieu of being told it would be removed from sale on both Steam and PlayStation, Deery has made the PC version available to download for free from the Fire Face website.

"WarnerBros Discovery have informed me they will be 'retiring' my game Small Radios Big Televisions from both Steam and PS4 stores. I've made it free to download," Deery said. "Thanks for all your support."

Deery said in a subsequent post that it will be removed from sale fully "within the next few weeks" but no concrete date has been confirmed. IGN has reached out to Adult Swim Games for comment.

Ryan Dinsdale is an IGN freelance reporter. He'll talk about The Witcher all day.

Continue reading...