What's new

Imagine Dragons Releases Official Starfield Song Called Children of the Sky

Imagine Dragons has released its official Starfield song, called Children of the Sky (a Starfield song).

It’s “inspired” by Bethesda’s space role-playing game which launches early September. Frontman Dan Reynolds said: "The song, like the game, asks some of the most difficult questions we face as humans trying to find our place in the universe. Bethesda created iconic games we've been playing for most of our lives, and we're honoured to have collaborated on this song for Starfield."

Children of the Sky (a Starfield song) is out NOW everywhere.

we’ve been playing @BethesdaStudios games for most of our lives, so we’re honored to have collaborated on this song.

listen to the song and watch the lyric video on our youtube. pic.twitter.com/J3SFfrWMnW

— Imagine Dragons (@Imaginedragons) August 30, 2023

Starfield composer Inon Zur collaborated with Imagine Dragons on Children of the Sky. He said: “The band has created an amazing, emotional, and memorable song, and I joined them in crafting the Starfield motif into the song as well as iconic elements from the Main Theme and the Starfield orchestral treatment. The outcome is a massive celebration for Starfield and I hope that the group’s fans as well as gamers from all over the world will find it as exhilarating and magnificent as we all feel.”

Here are the lyrics (courtesy of Imagine Dragons' YouTube channel):

Some days when I’m dreamin’
I think of how far I have come
All my life’s led to this
And now I see what I’ve become

I always had doubted that I could ever be someone
That mattered, that shattered all these glass ceilings up above
All that I want is to see all the things that I could be
Destiny’s calling me

We’re children of the sky
Flying up so high
Let me be that one
To find the brightest sun

Guided by the light
Let me reach new heights
To stars amongst the night

I can not give up hope though there are storms within my seas
Won’t turn back, when I lack, sometimes it’s hard just to believe
I’ve wanted to save us from ourselves
Just wanted to raise up, to save us from ourselves

All that I want is to see all the things that we could be
Destiny’s calling me

Flying up so high
Let me be that one
To find the brightest sun

Guided by the light
Let me reach new heights
Stars amongst the night

When we look back, what will we see?
We were a part of everything
Up in the heavens, down in the seas

When we look back, what will we see?
Up in the heavens, down in the seas
We were part of everything

We’re children of the sky (children of the sky)
Flying up so high (stars amongst the night)
Children of the sky (children of the sky)
Take me to new heights

We’re children of the…

This isn’t the first time a video game company has enlisted a pop star to create a song for its game. Who can forget Destiny's theme song Hope for the Future, written and recorded by Beatles' star Paul McCartney in collaboration with former Bungie composer Marty O'Donnell?

Starfield’s launch is imminent. Check out IGN’s Starfield release date guide for more information. And here’s IGN’s handy explainer on Starfield’s 'Boundary Reached' drama.

Wesley is the UK News Editor for IGN. Find him on Twitter at @wyp100. You can reach Wesley at wesley_yinpoole@ign.com or confidentially at wyp100@proton.me.

Continue reading...