What's new

Here's How Score a Steam Deck for Just £315 Right Now in the UK (Limited Time)

If you head over to eBay and use the promo code LEAP20 you can currently bag yourself a Steam Deck (256GB model) for £314.95 from verified seller The Game Collection Outlet (we've recommended them many times). This is a significant saving compared to the current RRP of £349 -- with the notable improvement that the model is actually in stock from TGC versus being unavailable directly from Steam.

If you want the alternate models, you could get the 512GB model for £374.95, while the 64GB model is currently out of stock. This deal will expire at 11:59 PM on February 29, so don't delay if you're looking to secure the offer. Other great deals in the eBay sale right now include Helldivers 2 for £30.28 and Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth for £51.96.

It's worth noting that this deal is just for the baseline Steam Deck, not the OLED model. If you're not too sure about the difference, some key things set them apart. The most prominent of these, as you may have guessed, is the fact that the OLED model comes with an OLED display (the original Steamdeck is an LCD screen).

The OLED model is also a touch more power efficient, this is especially true in low-light settings, so you can keep playing for longer. All this being said, the OLED model is a few hundred quid more expensive and the original model is still a fantastic piece of kit.

Now I can already hear you starting to wonder, "But what about Steam Deck 2, when can we have that?" And to that I say, be patient, greedy guts. It's not been long since we got the OLED model, and it's likely to be a good few years before we see a brand-new model coming out. That's not just me guessing, Valve designer Laurence Yang himself said: "A true next-gen Deck with a significant bump in horsepower wouldn’t be for a few years.”

Robert Anderson is a deals expert and Commerce Editor for IGN. You can follow him @robertliam21 on Twitter.

Continue reading...