What's new

Gaming laptop

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Hah, true. I just suggest you make sure he gets a good graphics card in his laptop

My main reason of being so active in this thread, is seeing people go "I got a Core i7! I can do annnnything!" and not realize that they also got the Intel HD graphics too! xD

Yea you can consider me an Intel fanboy too, although we did get the first AMD this family has owned not long ago, mainly cause it was cheap (280$ for the PC, Keyboard, Mouse and Speakers) and was fairly decent. Would of gone Intel if their only offering at that price wasn't the Atom in this area :(

(I am not an Atom fanboy thou, they suck :/)

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
Hah, my friends have netbooks with atoms at 1.6Ghz, my family tried to convince me to get one for portability. I was like.... just let me get my respectable core2 duo (Not great but it's a laptop).

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
don't knock the Core 2 Duo too badly, its still a pretty good chip that will do just about anything the average person wants.

actually, in the desktop environment, you only loose about 3-10FPS on average using the same graphics card with a Core 2 Duo compared to an i5/i7, which doesn't matter if said scores are 80-200FPS <.< unless its Crysis or Metro2033

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
I run on a core 2 duo, I'm yet to find a reason to upgrade to i7 (beyond video rendering and other such stupidly over-cpu intensive operations).

I have mine overclocked by 500mhz, and it does me fine.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
That P151 has the better 460M graphics, and has an 8cell batter over the 6 cell in the W150. I would say its worth it for the better graphics.

I run on a core 2 duo, I'm yet to find a reason to upgrade to i7 (beyond video rendering and other such stupidly over-cpu intensive operations).

I have mine overclocked by 500mhz, and it does me fine.

I had that issue of thought when I built my desktop, i was gonna go Core 2 Quad, or i7, but i7 was too expensive, and I wanted to try to keep everything in the same generation. So I got an i5, which performs just like an i7 in just about anything but photoshop and other thread crazy things. (Actually in benchmarks it seems my cheeky little i5 can even match the performance of the extreme i7's in gaming :D)

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
True, True xD

I gotta say my last brought desktop I had the displeasure of using was worse xD, A Celeron D 3.2Ghz when Core2 just became available. Argh was disappointed at that!

Edit: I do wanna eventually get a PC with a 'Wolfdale' Core2, just so I can call it 'Wolfy' <.<