What's new

Fallout New Vegas Fred Durst Mod Resurfaces 7 Years After It Was Lost — and Fred Durst Himself Approves

Seven years after it was thought lost, a Fallout New Vegas mod that adds Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst as a companion has resurfaced — and received a nod of approval from the man himself.

The background to the mod is rather innocuous: it gained some attention in 2015 because it added a post-apocalyptic recreation of Fred Durst to Obsidian’s much-loved role-playing game who could only talk in Limp Bizkit sound clips⁠. (Yes, if you tell Durst “let’s get going” he replies with the iconic “keep rollin’, rollin’, rollin’, rollin’,” line.)

The mod disappeared from NexusMods around seven years ago, with its creator @Lb8068 posting in the YouTube comments of his video at the time: “I recently reformatted my computer so doubt I have any of the files left over here.”

But it turns out Twitter user @UsagiCola had archived it, and, over the weekend, Bethesda game YouTuber Micky D signal-boosted its re-discovery alongside a link to download it from Google Drive. Micky D’s tweet, below, caught the attention of Fred Durst, who quote tweeted it to say: “nice.” Micky D’s tweet has since blown up, with some two million views at the time of this article’s publication.

Some people are now hitting up the comments of the mod creator's YouTube video to celebrate Fred Durst's return to New Vegas. "THEY FOUND IT!?" said one elated user. "Goated," added another.

Bethesda games are famous for their longevity, and much of that has to do with the modding community keeping games such as Fallout and Elder Scrolls alive with fresh concoctions over the years. But it’s a rare occurrence indeed with one of the most famous faces of Nu metal offers his seal of approval.

Wesley is the UK News Editor for IGN. Find him on Twitter at @wyp100. You can reach Wesley at wesley_yinpoole@ign.com or confidentially at wyp100@proton.me.

Continue reading...