What's new

Erskew's Admin Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velocityshot

Level 30
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
The thing is that in general, our Administrators don't actually fill the position of Moderators. That's actually something we are trying to get away from.

The heirachy/responsibilities should look like this:

Administrator: Responds to technical issues with the server, provides final decisions on ban appeals, provides input to server direction, and resolves conflicts between two staff members, or staff and players.

Moderator: Bans, kicks, jails, moderates the server/forum to get rid of unwanted players (hackers, trolls, cheaters). Resolves conflicts between players. Oversees Mediator's decisions, responds to appeals.

Mediator: Kicks, jails, keeps an eye on players, if people need to be permabanned talks to Moderator. Resolves conflicts between players.

Now as you can see, and maybe notice, Admins don't actually spend an awful amount of time on the server (the exception to this being Dannie).

Generally we sit on skype/forums/IRC and work on plugins/website to help our community become a better place.

I really don't think that you would fit an Administrators position, and to be honest I think we need more Moderators, I think most people would agree when I say we have enough Admins.

Also the Admin team knows each other very, very well. We talk every day, and in general that means we can trust each others decisions. This is important to the Admin team, and I don't think that we are looking for more at the moment.

Noodle, would you like to give final decision on this?

I agree with this. I don't like how you do't want Erskew.

But everything you say flows in a perfect rhythm. I have to agree with you, anything you say. STOP BEING SUCH A PERSUASIVE SPEECH GIVER!

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
Thankyou for your application, we will be discussing this app privately.

Thank you.

I apologize for not responding to your earlier post, but it was one of the first few posts where I was unable to think of any way to respond correctly (I'm not lying here, I couldn't think of anything). Now, I'm not trying to be impatient, but could I possibly get an estimate on the time it will take to come to a conclusion?

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
Keep in mind we are currently trying to balance about five different applications, and we take them all seriously. We have to work out exactly who to accept/deny, and what kind of balance we want in our staff lineup. Just hang in there, we will reply as soon as we have reached a decision.

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
Hey Erskew,

Unfortunately we are trying to separate Admins and Moderators right now, where Admins take care of the technical side of things, and Moderators take care of the player side. We'd really like to keep you in the Moderator position right now, as we require someone experienced in the role to be active.

Thankyou for your application, and don't worry, opportunities open up every day ;)

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
Hey Erskew,

Unfortunately we are trying to separate Admins and Moderators right now, where Admins take care of the technical side of things, and Moderators take care of the player side. We'd really like to keep you in the Moderator position right now, as we require someone experienced in the role to be active.

Thankyou for your application, and don't worry, opportunities open up every day ;)

I see. Thank you for considering my application, and understand why you would like to keep me in the Moderator position at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.