What's new

Erskew's Admin Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
For help with navigation around the post (because I intend for it to be long, I'll be establishing a table of contents, along with numbering each section.

Position Wanted [Admin/Moderator]: Admin

Minecraft Name: erskew

Timezone: CST

Relevant Experience: Organized by table of contents below.

Table of contents

0.1 - Introduction

0.2 - Why I Am Applying

Technical Qualifications

1.1 - Overview

1.2 - Coding/Scripting Languages

1.3 - Plugin Knowledge

Social Qualifications

2.1 - Overview

2.2 - Player Interaction

2.3 - Player Support

2.4 - Assistance to Players

Other Qualifications

3.2 - Events

Conclusion

4.1 - Conclusion

Now, on with the application! :)

0.1 - Introduction

I apologize for the size of my application, but I felt that if I was going to apply for something that requires more knowledge and responsibility than Moderator, that I was going to have to show it in this application. As you can tell, I've classified my qualifications under Technical, Social, and Other. Each one contains as much information as I can think of on the subject it is listed under. Under this are my reasons for applying. Now, before I go to that, I thank you for reading this and hope you read then entire thing.

0.2 - Why I Am Applying

I've never been one to aim low. If I'm doing something, I'm usually trying to do the best I can at it, and get the best thing I can out of it. The Admin position is the highest position that can be applied for, and I feel that I am ready to apply for it now. Another reason is that Moderators can help players in many ways and stop rulebreakers in many ways, but the Admin position comes with access to a few final, powerful tools to help even more.

Technical Qualifications

1.1 - Overview

My technical qualifications have greatly expanded since my Moderator Application. I know more coding and scripting languages now, and know much more about our plugins now, such as Permissions, Essentials, Factions, WorldEdit, etc. I will go into more detail below.

1.2 - Coding/Scripting Languages

I have some knowledge in the following languages (they will also include my level of knowledge along with it).

-Lua, Intermediate.

-Html/Xhtml (and CSS), Intermediate.

-Php, Beginner-Intermediate.

-Java, Beginner.

1.3 - Plugin Knowledge

As I said in the overview, I have some knowledge in some core plugins, and other that are just a little helpful. If there are any others than the ones listed, I will spend time researching them and there commands.

Social Qualifications

2.1 - Overview

I feel that I help the players, create conversation (sometimes :p), and have the support of many of them. While that last thing is an assumption, when I was unsure on if to type up this application, many told me that I should and that I'd be good at the position, and I think that helped me get the courage to apply.

2.2 - Player Interaction

I spend a lot of free time when I'm on just talking with players. Not only is this a very useful thing for the server when it comes to promoting people to come on and stay on, but it's simply a nice passtime for both me and other players. :)

2.3 - Player Support

I feel like many players on the server like me. I feel like they support lots of my ideas because I am on almost every day to talk and keep the server fun. Obviously, there is not much else that I could put in this post other than thanks to all those who do support me and Aggression altogether.

2.4 - Assistance to Players

When I am on, I help players whenever needed. If there is someone rulebreaking, I rush over to find the person and stop them (though I will say, Echo is much better at this than me). If a player has a problem, such as with doing stuff with falsebook, I'll come over to them and find the problem immediately. Even if I have three people asking at once, I get it done.

Other Qualifications

3.1 - Events

I do my best to host events to pick the server up if there is ever a shortage of PvP (well, waiting on a slight problem currently - I'll be hosting events once it's solved). I do not exactly want this to be something that means I should be an Admin, as I do those entirely out of choice and it isn't exactly a qualification. Just something I felt I'd point out.

Conclusion

4.1 - Conclusion

Well, I hope this is a good application. I tried to cover as much as I could, and am confident that I did. Once again, I apologize for the size of it all. I hope that you consider my application, and thank you for reading.

-erskew, currently Aggression Moderator

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
I like it, and support you in this endeavor Erskew, but I don't think it quite justifies a table of contents for anything other than as an organizational aid. :p I would also put in your specific knowledge of the plugins that we use, like could you configure an entire Perms system with no help at all? Or do you just have baseline knowledge of permissions?

EricExtreme

Level 30
Staff member
Jul 20, 2011
Credits
erskew...where to start?

your freakin awesome! out of any staff on server (other than noodle) your my favorite. i dont think youve ever lost at saying "Hey Eric :D" before i even press the W key when i join the server. you are the funniest fucker i know. and dude...you screw around ALOT. it would be very nice to see [Admin] next to your name. if it could anyone. it would be you bud :)

Edit: FIRST AMERICAN ADMIN?! :eek: I THINK SO! :rolleyes:

Velocityshot

Level 30
Jul 19, 2011
Credits
Well, I think Erskew would be phenomenal in an Admin position. I feel like he has shown much maturity and trustworthiness. I also would like to add that Erskew has been an outstanding moderator, and has went to great efforts to support Aggression and its members. If this would be taken into consideration, I highly support Ersk's decision, for he would once again pull through for us, and be an amazing, active admin. Always helping players, and doing his best to help the server.

Erskew for admin!

And if the admins are thinking about denying this,

71743882a80c8409d4a7889de3fe1eba

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
Update - My knowledge of plugins like PermissionsEx has greatly improved. And, taking a look at the plugins Aggression uses, I know what just about every one of them does.

erskew

Level 32
Jul 18, 2011
Credits
First of all, I'd expext to inherit all duties of a Moderator. Next, I think that I'd be expected to respond to any kind of situation requiring LogBlock specifically, but also anything involving a plugin problem. I apologize if I miss anything (and hope that you will point out what I've missed).

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
The thing is that in general, our Administrators don't actually fill the position of Moderators. That's actually something we are trying to get away from.

The heirachy/responsibilities should look like this:

Administrator: Responds to technical issues with the server, provides final decisions on ban appeals, provides input to server direction, and resolves conflicts between two staff members, or staff and players.

Moderator: Bans, kicks, jails, moderates the server/forum to get rid of unwanted players (hackers, trolls, cheaters). Resolves conflicts between players. Oversees Mediator's decisions, responds to appeals.

Mediator: Kicks, jails, keeps an eye on players, if people need to be permabanned talks to Moderator. Resolves conflicts between players.

Now as you can see, and maybe notice, Admins don't actually spend an awful amount of time on the server (the exception to this being Dannie).

Generally we sit on skype/forums/IRC and work on plugins/website to help our community become a better place.

I really don't think that you would fit an Administrators position, and to be honest I think we need more Moderators, I think most people would agree when I say we have enough Admins.

Also the Admin team knows each other very, very well. We talk every day, and in general that means we can trust each others decisions. This is important to the Admin team, and I don't think that we are looking for more at the moment.

Noodle, would you like to give final decision on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.