What's new

Echo419 blew up towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy_Pants

Level 2
Aug 14, 2011
Credits
Me and two of my faction members were working on one of our towers, when all of the sudden echo419 states, "what are these bases by spawn, I'm going to blow them up", or something along those lines. I realized then that maybe the first one would be considered a Spawn Base, for the fact that it has a sticky piston under the entrance. I have tried to take it out so that it does not fall under a Spawn Base, but as you probably saw over the past week nOObs owned that piece of land with the trap. According to the rules, "Spawn bases are not allowed, that is making a base just outside of spawn for the purposes of trapping players." , I was not able to remove the trap for it was now nOObs trap. Echo419 then proceeds to destroy our 2nd tower, which has no trap and is not intended for trapping players. We have received numerous compliments on the tower and it was there for scenery purposes only.

Throughout this process me, and one of my other faction members tried to talk with Echo419 but he would not respond. We put many hours into those buildings as you could probably tell with the size and amount of materials used. Before Echo419 started the deconstruction i asked if he would save the structures so we could move them to a different spot, no response.

Our faction loves to play on this server and we have played/voted for months now. We try not to piss anyone off and try to obey the rules, so we do not understand why we would be treated like this by Echo419.

If there is any way we could get them back or moved that would be awesome.

Admin

Level 50
Staff member
Administrator
Feb 16, 2011
Credits
To start with the tower i was at was being assaulted by an opposing force and you were nowhere to be seen.

2011-10-01 02:36:51 [INFO] [1][~Staff?][Admin] Echo419: oh brassballs

2011-10-01 02:36:55 [INFO] [1][~Staff?][Admin] Echo419: whats with the spawn bases

2011-10-01 02:37:18 [INFO] [1][~A7X?][Pvt] BuriedfoREVer: Noodles going to blow it up

2011-10-01 02:37:23 [INFO] [1][~Staff?][Admin] Echo419: i'm blowing it up

2011-10-01 02:41:58 [INFO] FactionChat BrassBalls: ~Randy_Pants echo

2011-10-01 02:42:01 [INFO] FactionChat BrassBalls: ~Randy_Pants can u save that one

2011-10-01 02:42:03 [INFO] FactionChat BrassBalls: ~Randy_Pants or move it

We cannot read your faction chat in game and this was your only attempt to say anything to me. And it's not good to say it more than 5 minutes after the process has finished, also 5 minutes after I asked at least one of you to talk and you all ignored me. The only actual visible communication I got from any of you was afterwards with

2011-10-01 02:47:26 [INFO] [PLAYER_COMMAND] BigAxeStrong: /msg Echo419 why r u blowin our bases up?

2011-10-01 02:49:19 [INFO] [1][~BrassBalls?][Pvt] Randy_Pants: Echo did you save the structure?

Side notes :

2011-10-01 02:54:54 [INFO] FactionChat BrassBalls: ~Randy_Pants why would they do that when weve been playing this server for months

Playing for months does not mean you become an exception to the rules, which by the way you haven't read because

• Complaining against a staff member should only take place on the forum via private message.
  • 2011-10-01 03:30:36 [INFO] FactionChat BrassBalls: &BigAxeStrong ok found something on spawn base,

2011-10-01 03:31:08 [INFO] FactionChat BrassBalls: &BigAxeStrong a base which is built by the spawn for the purpose of trapping players

Further there were other staff involved with this who also agreed that it should be destroyed.

2011-10-01 03:11:53 [INFO] FactionChat BrassBalls: &curtisbuckmaster ill set up a bot and vote down their shitty server a few thousand times then

Congratulations curtisbuckmaster is banned.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
"Spawn bases are not allowed, that is making a base just outside of spawn for the purposes of trapping players." <---This has happened several times now, and with at-least one time Noodle leaving it a massive crater. there is no excuse for breaking this rule.

Just for future reference and Noodle says he likes this so it will stay in effect until said otherwise. Bases must not be visible from the spawn or rails when Normal render distance is selected(means about 64 blocks, or 4 chunks on /f map). This prevents the issue of archers shooting from bases onto the rail lines to mess with/stop rail carts. and attack people as soon as they get off the rails.

There are some exceptions to this if terrain obscures sight of the base from the spawn and rails. This is decided at Admin discretion and the group is responsible to maintain the terrain to keep their base obscured or they will fall into failure of this rule.

If this becomes too much of an issue... we will just set 64 blocks as a hard limit and blow up any factions that don't listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.