What's new

[DISCUSSION] Use Trophy Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cub_Nake

Level 46
Sep 29, 2010
Credits
Use them to allow new users to discern the helpers from the trolls. Every time someone is a dick on the forums they get trophy points taken away, this could give them a, "Not to be Trusted" symbol neat their name; a well behaved contributor would get some kind of symbol as an opposite. Negative trophy points would enable certain negative titles etc...

Just putting it out there to be looked at as a way of implementing trophy points in a more interactive way.

Negatives could include people purposely being trolls within the forum rules to attain a negative status.

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
I implemented the "Trusted Member" title for this exact reason, I may re-implement this without the custom user title.

Cub_Nake

Level 46
Sep 29, 2010
Credits
Dayum, I guess it's not really worth the effort to code and implement your own trophy point system. Can you at least take trophy points off in general? Could make everyone start off with 10, if they do something wrong they could be taken away? I don't know :D

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
If a member is a detriment to the community, I'd rather deal with them with warnings/bans. I think adding a trusted member status would be good enough, although with our current community population, I don't think we need it (I personally read every post that anyone makes anywhere)

Twiggy3

Level 4
Oct 18, 2010
Credits
If admins can award trophy points without us having to get achievements.... maybe we could work out a system where if one person is a troll, everyone else gets +10 making the troll inferior.

Or Trophy points could be used as a sort of unofficial ranking system, someone with more trophy points then someone else has higher standing and deserves more respect?

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
Look at it this way:

If someone has a lot of trophy points, one of three things has happened:

A) They've been here a long time. Like, a LONG time. To get 30 points, you have to be here for two years total.

B) They've posted a lot. around 1000 posts garners you about 50 points total.

C) They've been liked a lot. Around 100 likes garners you about 20 points.

Now, if they've been here for that long, posted that much, and been liked that much, then either they are not a troll, or for some reason they've found a cloaking device from my eyes. Because someone posting that much, and trolling, will be banned. By me. Fast.

They won't get trophy points. They won't exist.

Trusted members will be re-implemented when I/Noodle sees fit.

The Noodle

Level 48
Aug 1, 2010
Credits
When you reach 50 trophy points you can apply to become a BoN trusted member. At this point current trusted members and staff members will discuss your case. You may also be nominated by a staff member or trusted member instead of the 50 point rule.

cbroughton

Level 19
Feb 16, 2011
Credits
Look at it this way:

If someone has a lot of trophy points, one of three things has happened:

A) They've been here a long time. Like, a LONG time. To get 30 points, you have to be here for two years total.

B) They've posted a lot. around 1000 posts garners you about 50 points total.

C) They've been liked a lot. Around 100 likes garners you about 20 points.

Now, if they've been here for that long, posted that much, and been liked that much, then either they are not a troll, or for some reason they've found a cloaking device from my eyes. Because someone posting that much, and trolling, will be banned. By me. Fast.

They won't get trophy points. They won't exist.

Trusted members will be re-implemented when I/Noodle sees fit.

This system is flawed because I would meet these three things without hardly doing anything. Also, 1k posts in 2 years is only 1.18 or so posts per day, not very hard. And with Cub Nake around, getting 100 likes is also not hard.

jjgang

Level 10
Apr 6, 2011
Credits
Wel ill answer this one for you Tom. This is why there an application and they will review your application to see if a member is worthy and has earned trusted member status

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
Obviously not everyone over 50 trophy points should be a trusted member, however if they have been around a year + posted constantly, if they haven't trolled I would actually say they could probably be trusted.

In the end the trophy points are just a starting point, you still have to get past my/noodle's approval, + other staff/trusted members.

And jjgang, I appreciate it lol, but you should answer other people's questions :p I generally talk with Noodle privately about anything decided on BoN, so telling me things is usually moot :p

jjgang

Level 10
Apr 6, 2011
Credits
Obviously not everyone over 50 trophy points should be a trusted member, however if they have been around a year + posted constantly, if they haven't trolled I would actually say they could probably be trusted.

In the end the trophy points are just a starting point, you still have to get past my/noodle's approval, + other staff/trusted members.

And jjgang, I appreciate it lol, but you should answer other people's questions :p I generally talk with Noodle privately about anything decided on BoN, so telling me things is usually moot :p

Sorry i was just kinda restating what was posted origionally about there being trophy points and then approval. not just the trophy points.

Status
Not open for further replies.