What's new

Dasb00t Hacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denerius

Level 11
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
Hello. So I've been lately killed by Dasb00t which normally doesn't happen. I've always easly killed Dasb00t because he was very slow at using food. But today, he kills me almost instantly + didn't even face me in the beginning. I had Iron armour on, with Iron armour full dura it takes 3-4 hits to kill someone. Dasb00t would've killed me within 2 hits if I didn't spam my soup. Please, notice the range of the hits in the video aswell. + If you look closely he just used the chat to write something + went forward so he wasn't lagging.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51OFikkuRCc

Wren

Level 44
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
I'd say this was lag, on his screen he would have stood facing the door before you came at him, then at the end of the video you see him face you and move down the steps, this would have happened on his screen when you started to get hit. This happens a lot, it happened to me earlier from a different guy too, it's lag i think.

Also, from watching the video, it kind of looks like you're using some kind of macro to play, the speed you're hitting mixed with the speed of very quick switching to food doesn't look legit at all, the first soup is only selected for a split second and you're constantly swinging no matter what. I'm not sure though.

Denerius

Level 11
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
Fast clicking + using the hotkeys, lol wren. umad?

It's not lag. He just typed things + walked forward. He had no time to look back at me. Obvious hacks

Wren

Level 44
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
Not mad, I was just pointing out that it looked like it could be bullshit, you don't have to be an asshole about it, you're making me suspicious now.

It's easily lag, he turns around.

Denerius

Level 11
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
Das was jailed for hacking like 3 days ago. I don't think he was lagging.

If he was lagging, he'd TP from place to place. He clearly didn't.

Wren

Level 44
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
Nope. Please think about it for a moment, on his screen he's already moved down the steps and hit you, but due to lag, it's not caught up on your screen, but on his screen, he's done it, and then when you're hitting him, you'll be in a different place for him, it all depends. It's still lag, please just think about it. He might not have been lagging. It could be you or something catching up with something. I don't know how it works technically, but if you see where he moves, it all happened and then was representing with his character moving later. Methinklag :(

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Maybe hes learned the same tricks that I have heard about on the server, using macros. like how you can fast click to food and back to sword and still be moving and attacking, esp with hotkeys being the number keys above ASWD

The video is too fast to show anything but a failed attack and a good bit of lag. For example, my internet I am about a second to two seconds behind, hence why I don't partake in PvP, as it can get really unfair with being killed easily, or getting the drop on someone and laying enough kits that once lag sets in, you die almost instantly.

Seeing as the internet is the internet, there could of been lag enough to make it seem like he has his back to you, and that he typed while moving, but in reality he had typed that a while back, and had already turned to see you.

Edit: Also whats with the instant disconnect when you died bro?

Denerius

Level 11
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
It's pure hax. You clearly see him walk normally, if he did indeed lag, he wouldn't move so smoothly. + He swinged at the doors, but because of the hack it hitted me or whatever that was. If he was lagging, he would turn and hit, not hit but not facing me. It doesn't work that it sends the swing animation but doesn't the turn animation. Stop defending him because he's a RMM member.

And guys, it's no macro. Just use the point finger for the 4th key and the pink finger for the sword. It's very easy to do if you have experience in it.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Well look at it, he may of swung at the door to try to open it. I really don't think its 'Hax', cause Ive done the same with having 1600ms ping and I apparently move somewhat smoothly on minecraft as well.

And im not defending him as an RMM member, I am defending him as I am familiar with the oddities of lag.

Wren

Level 44
Jul 10, 2011
Credits
Stop being a derp, it's not a glitchy lag, it's a few second delay, it can be smooth. Think about it, it's a delay, he's done it a few seconds before, you see it a couple of seconds later.

The Noodle

Level 48
Aug 1, 2010
Credits
I haven't seen anything that needs replying to, wren and m1 are expressing my thoughts. On a side note m1 is perfectly capable of dealing with this sort of report.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
Yea, my problem is I am just really mean to posts that sound like whining.

But here is a diagram:

[attachment=67:Lag.PNG]

Attachments

• Lag.PNG
    Lag.PNG
    2.4 KB · Views: 54

Laithes

Level 47
Nov 26, 2010
Credits
I could say much the same about Denerius, half the time he hits me from 7+ blocks away. Now wait until M1 or another staff member comes to a conclusion becuase this back and forth isn't helping much.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
I think for Denerius and Dasboot it was a case of lag. and Yes, lag can make someone really easy or really hard to kill, its weird like that sometimes.

(I know from my perspective someone or a creature can hit me from about 14-20 blocks away, yes I mean that number literally but to the creature or person im right next to them)

Edit: Ill go ahead and lock this thread now, its ran its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.