What's new

Cyberpunk 2077 Players Spot Idris Elba's Solomon Reed Undercover Before Events of Phantom Liberty

Spoiler Warning: The following article features minor spoilers for some characters and dialogue appearing within the first five missions of Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty, up to and including The Damned.

Cyberpunk 2077 players are able to find Idris Elba's Solomon Reed working his deep undercover day job ahead of the events of Phantom Liberty.

Reed works as a sleeper agent for the New United States of America but has been undercover for seven years as a bouncer at the start of the Phantom Liberty expansion.

As recorded in IGN's Cyberpunk 2077 Guide on Easter Eggs and References, players who frequent Night City's bars can actually see Reed before they meet him officially in Phantom Liberty, working at the Corpo Plaza club wearing an inconspicuous hat and shades.

Reed mentions his day-job during the mission Lucretia My Reflection as his manager phones to ask for an extra shift. "I work the door at a club; selection, y'know, bouncing," Reed explains when asked by protagonist V if that's his cover. "It pays the bills and nets me a little disposable."

He's not the only agent working undercover either, as Alena Xenakis, better known as Alex, also mentions to V in The Damned mission that she works in a bar — but we've not found her yet.

Phantom Liberty arrived September 26 as Cyberpunk 2077's one and only expansion, with the game-changing Update 2.0 laying its foundation a few days earlier.

It completely revamped Cyberpunk 2077 with features such as a new perk system and improved AI and also brought closure to an Elon Musk fan theory, a reference to the late racing legend Ken Block, and bizarre additions to the game's biggest mystery.

All this caused a spike in Cyberpunk 2077's popularity on Steam, a number that only grew as players got their hands on Phantom Liberty.

In our 9/10 review of the expansion, IGN said: "Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty completes an immense turnaround for CD Projekt Red's future RPG kickstarted with the anime spin-off, Cyberpunk: Edgerunners and its latest 2.0 Update."

Ryan Dinsdale is an IGN freelance reporter. He'll talk about The Witcher all day.

Continue reading...