What's new

Cyberpunk 2077 Players Are Getting a Kick Out of Update 2.0's Haunted Police Car

Phantom Liberty and Update 2.0 might have made a lot of improvements to Cyberpunk 2077 but one new bug has introduced a haunted police car to Night City.

Several players have shared screenshots and gameplay of the car on Reddit, with Crowzer commenting (below) that it's no wonder Night City is so full of crimes if this is what the police come equipped with.

The vehicle is a standard issue Night City Police Department car but, even though it still drives around as normal with two police officers inside, it's completely wrecked. It looks like a car that's been blown up already, completely burnt out with no wheels, windows, or doors. Who need 'em?

"I've seen that quite a couple of times since I started a new 2.0 game," said TwiceDead_. "It would probably be better if they fixed bugs like this, but it would make me legitimately sad as I find them all hilarious."

"Night City budget cuts are bad this year", added Deathbringerrr, who posted gameplay of the car driving around as if nothing was wrong.

Cypeq also posted a screenshot of a civilian car in the same state, though this one came with another car on top. "Cyberpunk still doing Cyberpunk things," they said.

Phantom Liberty arrived September 26, with Update 2.0 laying its foundation a few days earlier. It completely revamped Cyberpunk 2077 with features such as a new perk system and improved AI and also brought closure to an Elon Musk fan theory, a reference to the late racing legend Ken Block, and bizarre additions to the game's biggest mystery.

Idris Elba's Solomon Reed can also be found deep undercover even before the events of Phantom Liberty, and Dogtown has a harsh response to players driving police vehicles. All this caused a spike in Cyberpunk 2077's popularity on Steam, a number that only grew as players got their hands on Phantom Liberty.

Bizarrely, CD Projekt even included a way for players to turn down the events of the paid expansion altogether, with certain dialogue options locking the missions away for good.

In our 9/10 review, IGN said: "Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty completes an immense turnaround for CD Projekt Red's future RPG kickstarted with the anime spin-off, Cyberpunk: Edgerunners and its latest 2.0 Update."

Ryan Dinsdale is an IGN freelance reporter. He'll talk about The Witcher all day.

Continue reading...