What's new

Cyberpunk 2077's Update 2.0 Includes a Tribute to Late Driving Legend Ken Block

CD Prokekt Red added a reference to the late rally driving and racing game legend Ken Block in Cyberpunk 2077's Update 2.0 after he passed away in January 2023.

The reference comes in the form of a new car players can find in Night City, which is also the only weaponised vehicle available for free. The Type-66 Hoon is available through the I'm in Love With My Car quest.

Paying homage to Block, the car is a very fast, solid off-road vehicle and its name is a reference to his auto media and apparel company Hoonigan Industries. Perhaps leaning more into his video game history — as Block featured in several premier franchises including Need for Speed, Dirt, and Forza — it also comes fitted with two machine guns.

A full breakdown of how to access and complete I'm in Love With My Car and unlock the Block-inspired car can be found on IGN's Cyberpunk 2077 guide.

Block passed away aged 55 in a snowmobile accident on January 2, 2023. "Ken was a visionary, a pioneer and an icon. And most importantly, a father and husband. He will be incredibly missed," Hoonigan Industries said on Instagram at the time.

Update 2.0 completely revamps Cyberpunk 2077 with features such as a new perk system and improved AI. Its release caused a spike in popularity of the game on Steam, even ahead of its one and only expansion Phantom Liberty launching today, September 26.

In our 9/10 review of the DLC, IGN said: "Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty completes an immense turnaround for CD Projekt Red's future RPG kickstarted with the anime spin-off, Cyberpunk: Edgerunners and its latest 2.0 Update."

Ryan Dinsdale is an IGN freelance reporter. He'll talk about The Witcher all day.

Continue reading...