What's new

Confirmed: Metal Gear Solid Master Collection Vol. 1 Does Not Support Mouse and Keyboard on PC

The PC version of Konami's Metal Gear Solid Master Collection Vol 1 does not support mouse and keyboard and fans aren't happy.

The Steam pages for the original trilogy of games were listed earlier in June then quickly taken down, but not before fans noticed the lack of mouse and keyboard support. While many were hoping Konami's takedown of the pages meant this issue was being fixed, they have now reemerged with the same message.

"Metal Gear Solid Master Collection version requires a controller in order to play," reads the Steam page for the first game. "Playing with a keyboard and mouse isn't supported." Equivalent messages can be seen on the other games' pages too.

No Keyboard controls it seem. Ahhh...
Well It doesn't bother me but it probably will bother a few. https://t.co/3mZ7qkaueD pic.twitter.com/PrZv5Iljp3

— LordEmmerich (@LordEmmerich) June 21, 2023

"No keyboard controls it seems," said LordEmmerich on Twitter (above), who spotted the initial Steam pages. "It doesn't bother me but it probably will bother a few."

That is certainly the case, as many Metal Gear fans across Twitter, Reddit, and Steam have made their grievances clear. "The lack of mouse and keyboard support seems like a bad sign that this could be a trash port," said Sammy on the Steam page. "One thing is for sure, I'm not preordering."

UncleMetallich chimed in on Twitter: "Oh come on, this was one of the main reasons why I wanted Metal Gear Solid 3 to be ported on PC."

"You cannot just re-release these games after so long and not support the standard input PCs have used for over 30 years," added another. "Absolute low tier effort there by Konami if it launches like that."

Reddit user Altaiir57 agreed: " Imagine a game releasing for consoles but it doesn’t support that console’s default native controller."

IGN has asked Konami for comment.

Master Collection Vol. 1 also includes the original two Metal Gear games, which were released before the first Metal Gear Solid game, as well as additional content like digital graphic novels and a screenplay book.

Announced alongside Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake, the Master Collection Vol. 1 arrives on PlayStation 4, Xbox Series, Nintendo Swich, and PC on October 24.

Ryan Dinsdale is an IGN freelance reporter. He'll talk about The Witcher all day.

Continue reading...