What's new

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 Player Unlocks Most Coveted Camo After Near 76-Hour Grind

A Modern Warfare 3 player has unlocked the most coveted weapon camo in the game after a near 76-hour grind following the game’s launch.

Call of Duty streamer Reidboyy unlocked the Interstellar camo live with 75 hours and 46 minutes on the clock and after an eye-watering 14,000 kills — all while wearing Call of Duty’s premium Nicki Minaj character skin.

The Interstellar camo, considered the hardest to obtain in Modern Warfare 3 due to the sheer amount of time and effort it takes to unlock, involves the completion of all the game’s Priceless camo challenges. That means completing all the camo challenges for all 36 weapons (pistols, grenade launches, melee weapons, the lot) currently in the game. Some of these challenges are particularly hard, for example, getting a certain number of longshot kills with a weapon.

Why is the Interstellar camo so coveted? Its animated visual effect is meant to make weapons look like the galaxy-filled universe.

Reidboyy used Modern Warfare 3’s War Mode for much of the grind, making the most of its prolonged objective-based gameplay to farm kills on rapidly spawning players. The final kill that sealed the deal was a longshot.

On X/Twitter, Reidboyy answered questions from users who were flabbergasted at how quickly he was able to complete some of Modern Warfare 3's trickier challenges.

I didn't get it fast, I ran around with it for 16 hours looking for claymores with engineer :) https://t.co/rHl0vQXkLK

— Reidboyy (@Reidboy24) November 13, 2023
Wow that 15 hours of sleep just HITTTTT

You’d forgive Reidboyy for wanting to take a break now the grind for Interstellar is over, but in a YouTube video he said he’s already moving on to the next challenge: Borealis, considered the ultimate camo in the Zombies mode.

I heard there's more camos to get still pic.twitter.com/TFgBcTYPzr

Modern Warfare 3 has endured something of a rough launch. After its single-player campaign was universally panned, Activision was forced to pull various multiplayer maps out of the game because of spawn points that were causing absolute carnage. After the game’s first weekend on sale, those maps are still out of rotation for certain modes.

Activision has also faced calls to pull an “invisible” premium skin for the game players are having a hard time spotting on some multiplayer maps.

If you're playing Modern Warfare 3, check out IGN's Modern Warfare 3 loadout guide.

Wesley is the UK News Editor for IGN. Find him on Twitter at @wyp100. You can reach Wesley at wesley_yinpoole@ign.com or confidentially at wyp100@proton.me.

Continue reading...