What's new

Call of Duty 2024 Leak Appears to Confirm New Main Character and Gulf War Setting

More details about Call of Duty’s 2024 entry appear to have leaked from an actor who claims his likeness is being used for the game’s main protagonist.

First spotted by Insider Gaming, actor and singer Luke Charles Stafford reportedly posted on Facebook saying that Activision is using his likeness for the main character, which he says is named “Ratcliffe,” in a Call of Duty game that is scheduled to release next year.

"Activision decided to adapt their next main character, 'Ratcliffe' for Call of Duty off my face/likeness, and I am elated," Stafford reportedly said in the post, which has been screencapped but is no longer on their Facebook page.

"To all of my college roommates back at Anderson University and those years in Smith Hall Playing Black Ops 2...next year, we can beat the snot out of each other again, but I want to play as me."

Insider Gaming reports that Stafford also shared several images and videos of himself on set with a body scanning rig as well as saying hello to what seems to be a member of the Call of Duty team.

The main character’s name suggests that the Call of Duty 2024 game will take place during the Gulf War and is speculated to be a sequel to Black Ops: Cold War titled Black Ops: Gulf War. Major Peter Ratcliffe, is also a former British Army soldier who participated in the Gulf War. He received as a Distinguished Conduct Medal for gallantry in action.

Stafford's reported post is the latest in a string of Call of Duty 2024 leaks, which is expected to be a sequel to Black Ops: Cold War.

The Call of Duty 2023 game likewise hasn’t been officially revealed yet, but it is rumored to be Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3. It’s allegedly being developed by Sledgehammer Games and launch on November 10.

In the meantime, Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare 2 continue to roll along, with its latest collaboration featuring characters from The Boys.

George Yang is a freelance writer for IGN. He's been writing about the industry since 2019 and has worked with other publications such as Insider, Kotaku, NPR, and Variety.

When not writing about video games, George is playing video games. What a surprise! You can follow him on Twitter @Yinyangfooey

Continue reading...