What's new

Blizzard Apologises to Disgruntled Diablo 4 Players as Servers Go Down With Error Code 300202

Diablo 4 has suffered significant server issues, with error code 300202 confronting players upon login across all platforms.

The always-online action role-playing game was unplayable during much of today, June 8, and players took to the internet to report their troubles.

I hate that my option is to accept this message 😂 pic.twitter.com/ywQJCjKDKd

— 🚫🌏 (@Nautasphere) June 8, 2023

Across social media, Blizzard accounts have apologised and said staff are working to fix the game.

“We apologize once again for the inconvenience caused by today's outages,” Blizzard tweeted. “We're working to resolve this as quickly as possible!”

“We're aware of the issues and are working as fast as we can to rectify it,” Diablo development chief Rod Fergusson tweeted. “Thank you for your patience.”

As Blizzard battles to restore Diablo 4, players have once again lamented the developer’s controversial decision to go down the always-online route with the series.

“Blizzard, if you can't keep servers online, give us offline mode,” wrote one player on the Diablo 4 subreddit.

“I miss offline games so hard,” said another.

This week, the first Diablo 4 player to hit Level 100 in Hardcore mode was left speechless after his character was lost forever following a disconnect.

Diablo 4 features lite-MMO elements that enable player-versus-player combat, shared social spaces and party-based dungeon crawling. Blizzard has said it is a big fan of these elements, and encourages occasional unplanned interactions between players.

Diablo 4 launched big, becoming Blizzard’s fastest-selling game ever. It is also a hit with critics, and, generally, has gone down well with fans.

However, the cost of Diablo 4’s microtransactions has raised eyebrows, and, surprisingly, Whoopi Goldberg called on Blizzard to release Diablo 4 on Mac.

When Diablo 4 is back online, check out our interactive Diablo 4 map to start tracking your progress as you play.

Wesley is the UK News Editor for IGN. Find him on Twitter at @wyp100. Send news tips to wesley_yinpoole@ign.com.

Continue reading...