What's new

Allow us to make our own nether portals

Esltenme

Level 1
Nov 28, 2011
Credits
Please allow us to make our own nether portals! Its stupid to force us to go into this one place in the Nether because people camp at the nether spawn and turn it into a shitty clusterfuck where only full diamond warriors can even get netherrack and soul sand. It basically means that whoever gets potions first owns the game, and that SUCKS! D: Please fix it?

Playerer

Level 37
Jul 17, 2011
Credits
Technically the nether spawn has only TWO exits in comparison to the world spawn which has FOUR.

Maybe blow out the other two walls and see if that makes things easier?

Then again, it IS a PVP server...lol

You're supposed to die.

Woody2371

Level 47
Jan 29, 2011
Credits
Spawn killing on the overworld is reasonable to be annoyed about. Noobs come to the server and cannot defend themselves.

If you're getting spawn killed in the nether...toughen up princess. As was said, it is supposed to be the most dangerous part.

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
I have an idea.

1. Turn off Spawn protection from mob damage in the Nether.
  2. See about adding a Ghast or two that permanently camps spawn and is invincible, so people can't lounge around at Nether Spawn?
  3. ???
  4. Profit!

M1_Mercenary

Level 48
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 14, 2010
Credits
can ghasts shoot straight down? a invincible turret ghast right over the portal for teh lulz :3

Also I would suggest turret snowmen in the overworld spawn.. if people stand on the steps out of spawn too long the snowmen start shooting showballs at them to knock them out of spawn? (would cut down on spawn shooting ^_^)

Kotic

Level 7
Nov 29, 2011
Credits
I like the idea of being able to make our own nether portals. After a certain amount of time all the resources around Nether spawn are gone.(Netherwarts, claimable land, Glowstone) Having to travel further in the nether is a lot harder and longer then it is in the overworld. Having your own nether portal is your own risk too because other people CAN come from the nether into your portal room.

Also people can camp the nether spawn easier because its protection zone is smaller. example nether is like 15x15 zone(with only 2 exits) overworld has 4 exits and is a LOT bigger in area size such as 100x100. Not to scale.

MadMockers

Level 16
Nov 25, 2011
Credits
I added a backdoor to the nether spawn a while ago. It's extremely difficult to make it from one exit to the other exit once you are out, so if you are looking for safe passage out, try the backdoor. Otherwise, toughen up :)